Tuesday 18 February 2014

Gardenia Thanks Card For Jan

This is the card I made for Jan to say thanks for our Christmas gifts.  Jan lent me a few Memory Box dies - the Gorgeous Gardenia background and outline dies and the Fauntleroy Crest die so I thought I'd use those goodies for her card. 

I used white/silver pearl CS to make a 5 1/4" square card base.  I embossed black CS with the Acanthus folder and rubbed Pearl Moon gilding wax with a muslin cloth over the panel to highlight the embossing.  I added narrow Melon Mambo CS strips at the top and bottom of the black panel and adhered the two black crest shapes.  I die cut the solid gardenia shape twice, once from Old Olive CS and again from Melon Mambo CS and cut the outline gardenia from black CS.  I trimmed the Melon Mambo flowers, edged them with Rose Red ink and edged the leaves with Old Olive ink.  I glued the outline shape over the top and popped the gardenia cluster up.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment label and popped that up also.  To complete the card front I added gems to the label and to the crest shapes.


I added another sentiment label inside and adhered an Old Olive crest die cut shape.  I punched and shaped a Melon Mambo flower and added gems to the label and flower centre.


For the envelope front I used one of the black crest negative die cut shapes and glued it over the top of a strip of Melon Mambo CS and glued that over a strip of Old Olive CS.  I added a punched and shaped flower and added a gem to the centre.


Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Thank You Kindly' set, Hero Arts ' Sending You Love' clear set
CS:  Centura Pearl White/hint of silver CS, SU! Melon Mambo, Old Olive & Basic Black
Ink:  StazOn Jet Black, SU! Melon Mambo & Old Olive
Tools: Memory Box Gorgeous Gardenia Outline & Background dies, Memory Box Fauntleroy Crest die, Spellbinder's Grommet Tags die, Cuttlebug Acanthus embossing folder, Hero Arts Small Tag Frame Framelits die, SU! Boho Blossoms punch, sponge daubers

Embellishments & accessories: Pearl Moon gilding wax, SU! rhinestone jewels, 3D foam tape



 photo RoseRuth.gif


1 comment:

RitaR said...

Ruth, what a showstopper card and envelope set! Wow, simply beautiful! I love that you also decorate the inside of your cards as well as your envelopes! Thank you for sharing your talent with your readers!

01 09 10