Monday 24 February 2014

Flowers & Butterflies Thank You Card-In-A-Box

I recently came across this gorgeous card-in-a-box made by Margaret.  As soon as I saw it I knew I just had to make my own version!  Margaret followed a video tutorial made by Tanya which can be found HERE.  The finished card following Tanya's tutorial fits into a C6 envelope.  I also found a video tutorial from Monica Gale which can be found HERE.  I followed Monica's measurements and instructions and the finished card fits inside a 6" square envelope.  I love that the card is so dimensional but then folds flat - ingenious - and it's easy to make too!

My starting point was to choose two patterned papers from the SU! Sweet Sorbet DSP pack and I chose CS that matched the papers.  It's an unusual combo but I do like the Crisp Cantaloupe and Pool Party pastels against the dramatic black!  I then used lots of dies and punches to get my flowers, leaves and butterflies.  It's quite tricky getting a good photo so I took a few from different angles.






Here's the back where I wrote my message.


The finished card fit inside a 6" square envelope but I decided that I would go the whole hog and make a matching patterned paper envelope to make the card a bit more special.  I gave this card to our wonderful friends Debs and Mike and they SO deserve special!  


Pinterest has loads of card-in-a-box inspiration, so many gorgeous examples, click HERE to see, it's well worth a look!

I'm going to share more card-in-a-box inspiration now from my lovely and very talented friend Lesley who I saw on Saturday at our local craft shop, the Glitter Pot.  * Hi Lesley, yes, I'm embarrassing you again by featuring your fantastic creations on my blog! *

Lesley commented on some patterned papers I bought and I told her they were destined to be made into a card-in-a-box and I enthusiastically launched into a description of what a card-in-a-box was.  Alison, behind the counter started laughing and a look passed between Alison and Lesley so I knew something was up!  Lesley reached inside her bag and out came three fabulous card-in-a-box examples and I just had to take photos! 

This oh, so pretty floral example is my birthday card from Lesley, I've had a naughty sneak peek 'cos my birthday is not 'til April but I can't wait to get this beauty on display in my home! 


A wonderful masculine example featuring wood and tools.


A beautiful pink butterflies version to finish - gorgeous! 

 
Phew, a very picture heavy blog post!  Lots of inspiration though and links to instructions too so I hope you'll try making a card-in-a-box yourself.  I'd love to see more examples so if you do make a card-in-a-box please leave a comment here on this blog post with a link to your card and I'll come and check it out!



 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10