Thursday 21 November 2013

Two Star Thank You Cards

My friend Angela ordered the SU! Christmas Star stamp last month and when it arrived I wish I'd ordered it too!  Angela was very sweet and said I could borrow it until I got mine.  I've used the star stamp to make cards for Angela and Janet to thank them for their SU! orders - and to thank Angela for the loan of the star stamp!

For Janet's card I made a Midnight Muse A6 card base but because the star is dimensional and extends beyond the boundaries of the card front I cut a tad off the side and the bottom so that the card would still fit inside a standard envelope.  I stamped the star in Coastal Cabana ink, cut it out and scored along the lines to make the star dimensional.  I stacked 4 Dimensionals under the centre of the star, attached it to the card front and sneaked a tiny bit of PVA glue under the 3 arms of the star that were on the card front.  I attached the ribbon and popped up the sentiment oval.  I punched a small Midnight Muse star for the centre of the large star and punched 5 Coastal Cabana stars.  I glued the small stars in place, added rhinestones to the centres and added some larger rhinestones to the strip of ribbon. 


Here's the inside and the envelope.


For Angela's card I made a Pool Party 5" square card base.  I embossed a panel of Whisper White CS with the Fancy Fan folder and glued a piece of textured Smoky Slate CS underneath.  I covered the join with a strip of Bermuda Bay ribbon and added the sentiment banner.  I stamped the star in Island Indigo ink, and again I scored along the lines to make the star dimensional.  I stacked 4 Dimensionals under the centre of the star to adhere it to the card front.  To complete the front I adhered some small punched stars and added rhinestones to the centres.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


The star stamp is beautiful and I think it's versatile in that you don't have to use it for just Christmas cards.  I'll be giving Angela her stamp back today as she and Janet are coming round this afternoon to make a card.  I'm very happy to say I now have my own star stamp but I've had a very busy week with no crafty 'me' time and that is something I'm definitely not happy about!  I'm in desperate need of some crafty therapy - and soon!

Supplies for rectangular card:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Star', stamp, SU! 'Simply Sketched' set
CS: SU! Midnight Muse, Coastal Cabana & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Coastal Cabana & Midnight Muse
Tools: SU! large oval punch, small star punch, Simply Scored
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white organza ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


Supplies for square card:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Star' stamp, SU! 'Itty Bitty Banners' set
CS: SU! Pool Party & Whisper White, Smoky Slate textured CS
Ink: SU! Island Indigo & Bermuda Bay
Tools: SU! Fancy Fan embossing folder, small star punch, Simply Scored
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Bermuda Bay taffeta ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo SparkleHeartRuth.gif

 


1 comment:

Pia S said...

Two great cards using the same image! I think these clean designs are elegant as well as equally suitable for a man as for a woman!

01 09 10