Friday 8 November 2013

Poinsettia Joyful Christmas Wishes Gift Tags

We give out Secret Santa gifts at my card group during the December meeting and I make the tags for the gifts so they're all the same and I print the names on the back so the gift givers remain a secret!  I place the tags in a bag, take the bag to the November meeting and the ladies pick one out and then they buy a gift for the person named on the tag - if they pull out their own name it has to go back in and they draw another!  For the last couple of years I've made the tags so that they can be used as an element on a card after Christmas.

So here is this year's tag design.  Umm, a tad on the large size - the gifts will have to be fairly big LOL!  I die cut a tag from white CS and another from patterned paper, glued the two together and  stamped the sentiment.  I stamped the poinsettia twice on Real Red CS using gold pigment ink and I heat embossed with Jeweled Gold embossing powder so the flowers are very sparkly.  I fussy cut the two shapes, popped the small one up over the large one and then popped the whole flower up onto the tag so that part of the flower goes over the edge.  I glued gold sequins to each flower centre.  The last thing was to add the Real Red stitched ribbon.


Here's all ten tags ready to be put in the bag.  It makes me happy to see a group of items together like this!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Joyful Christmas' set
CS: SU! Real Red & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  paper from My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas collection
Ink: Encore gold pigment ink, SU! Real Red
Tools: Sizzix tag die, heat tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories:  Stampendous Jeweled Gold embossing powder, SU! Real Red stitched ribbon, gold sequins, SU! Dimensionals


 photo SparkleHeartRuth.gif 


1 comment:

kelly said...

I would have NEVER thought of putting red and blue together but they set each other off really well!!!
Great tags Ruth,
Love Kelly xx

01 09 10