Monday 14 October 2013

Wheat Emboss Resist Happy Birthday Card

I saw some great Christmas card demos at my local craft shop, the Glitter Pot, a few weekends ago.  Jane Gill had a fabulous collection of cards on show made with Woodware products.  While I was at her table she demoed an emboss resist technique card using linen finish CS.  I really liked the additional subtle texture the linen finish card provided and I duly added a pack to my shopping basket.

I decided to use the technique with the gorgeous Woodware Wheat stamp. I inked the image with VersaMark ink, stamped onto a piece of linen finish CS and heat embossed with white powder.  I then added colour by sponging Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks over the panel.  I buffed the panel with a piece of kitchen paper and inked the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink using a sponge dauber.  I added Early Espresso ribbon, an Antique Brad and layered the panel onto an Early Espresso mat.  I made a 5 3/4" square So Saffron card base and stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink.  I cut two flag banners, one from Espresso CS and one from white linen finish CS.  To complete the card front I added three So Saffron buttons to the flag banners.


I used the Wheat stamp again to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope front.  It really is a beautiful image!  I also used my Spellbinder's Grommet Tag dies.  The light was dodgy by the time I took this photo, the yellow CS is definitely So Saffron although it looks more like Crushed Curry in this photo!  


Supplies:
Stamps:  Woodware 'Wheat'  clear set, SU! 'Curly Cute' set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! So Saffron, Early Espresso & Whisper White, Woodware Linen Finish white CS

Ink: VersaMark, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade & Frayed Burlap Distress Inks, SU! Early Espresso
Tools: MFT 'Fishtail Flag Stax' dies, Spellbinder's 'Grommet Tags' dies, heat tool, paper piercing tool, sponges & sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white embossing powder, Early Espresso stitched ribbon, Antique Brad, So Saffron buttons


 photo mousyruth.gif 



1 comment:

kelly said...

WOW, this card is stunning!!!
I sent you an email about maybe buying some of your cards Ruth but I haven't had a reply, if you are interested could you send me a quick email, cheers hun!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10