Thursday 10 October 2013

October 2013 Card Group Projects

It was our October card group meeting this afternoon, I can't believe we're in October already!  This month's projects are a Christmas easel card and two Christmas gift tags.  Lesley had seen the brayered scene Christmas easel card on this blog post and asked if that could be a card group project in October.  I was very happy to oblige as that meant I already had an example card made up!

Here's the card.


A close up so you can see the sparkly trees.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Next up is a shaker gift tag made with the Tim Holtz Mini Cabinet die.  I cut two cabinet shapes, the front shape from Gumball Green CS and the back shape from Soft Sky CS.  I cut a square aperture out of the Gumball Green shape and taped acetate behind the aperture.  I stamped and die cut two trees, glued them to the Soft Sky shape, added punched red stars and stamped the sentiment.  I put 3D foam tape around the aperture, leaving no gaps to ensure the shaker contents don't escape.  I swiped my anti static bag over the acetate and then placed silver glass glitter, glitter flakes and white snowflake punched shapes inside, peeled off the tape and attached the two cabinet shapes together.  I punched a hole, added a reinforcing circle and threaded Raspberry Ripple ribbon through the hole.


Here's a closer view of the aperture and the shaker contents.


The last project is this silver lantern gift tag.  The lantern, holly and ivy are all die cut shapes.  I cut the lantern from SU! Silver Foil CS, it looks fab!  I cut a piece of Very Vanilla CS, sponged on Scattered Straw Distress Ink to create a golden glow and glued the piece to the back of the lantern.  I die cut the ivy from Always Artichoke CS, cut the holly leaves from Garden Green CS and the berries from Cherry Cobbler CS.  I used a DEET and moulding mat to add a scored line to the holly leaves.  I glued two red berries flat and popped the third one up.  I threaded silver lurex thread through a couple of holes in the top of the lantern shape as the tag hanger.  I really couldn't decide whether to add a sentiment or not, I ummed and aahed and in the end I decided not!


Here's the tag hanging from the handle of a white gift bag.


Supplies for easel card:
Stamps:  SU! 'Lovely As a Tree', 'Season of Joy' & 'Morning Meadow' sets, All Night Media 'Santa & Sleigh', PSX 'Snowflake Medley', Hero Arts 'Joyful Christmas Season' cling set
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Midnight Muse & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Island Indigo, Marina Mist, Soft Sky & Midnight Muse
Tools: brayer, 1" circle punch, plain & scalloped oval punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals, Post- It Note


Supplies for shaker tag:
Stamps: SU! Scentsational Season set, 'be merry' from PTI 'Tag Its #9' set
CS: SU! Gumball Green, Soft Sky, Raspberry Ripple & Whisper White, acetate
Ink: SU! Gumball Green & Raspberry Ripple
Tools:  Tim Holtz 'Mini Cabinet Card'  Movers & Shapers die, square Nestabilities die, tree die from SU! Holiday Collection Framelits die set, X Cut star punch, X Cut snowflake punch, Crop-A-Dile, 1/2" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories:  SU! Raspberry Ripple stitched satin ribbon, SU! Silver Glass Glitter, Cosmic Shimmer glitter flakes, 3D foam tape


Supplies for lantern tag:
Stamps: none
CS: SU! Always Artichoke, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler & Very Vanilla CS, SU! Silver Foil Sheet
Ink:  Scattered Straw Distress Ink
Tools: Marianne Design Creatables 'Lantern'  die, Marianne Design Creatables 'Ivy' die, CottageCutz 'Holly Berry Mini' die, DEET & moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: silver lurex thread, small round 3D foam pad


 photo ruth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10