Monday 21 October 2013

Bauble Christmas Wishes Card - HOC Oct Sketch Challenge (Classic & Elegant)

During October we have a great sketch layout at House of Cards that we'd like you to use for your challenge entries.  You can rotate the sketch and use different shapes, as long as the layout comes through to us in your finished card it's all good!  This week we want to see CLASSIC & ELEGANT style cards.

 

I've already made a card using the layout for the Cute & Fun cards week, that time I made a square card (see the blog post by clicking HERE.)  This time I've made an A6 rectangle card and I changed the central shape to a circle.  I love a versatile layout that works well with square or rectangular cards!

I recently bought a lovely PaperMania Christmas stamp set.  On a recent trip to my local craft shop, the Glitter Pot, I found a pack of red, grey and white patterned papers that match the stamp set - fab!  I started by cutting the papers, adding the Basic Gray diagonal strips and layering onto a Basic Gray mat.  I glued the mat to a Riding Hood Red card base.    I stamped a bauble and hanger and then stamped another bauble.  I fussy cut that, popped it up, also popped up the Basic Gray circle and I added rhinestones to the bauble.  I cut the 'Christmas Wishes' from a piece of patterned paper, layered that onto a Basic Gray Word Window punched shape, added rhinestones and popped it up.


I used more of the patterned papers to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope flap.


The other Classic & Elegant DT members will have made wonderful cards to inspire you so do check them out and then please play along with us at HOC this week and make a Classic & Elegant style card using the layout!  Everyone is welcome at our House!

Supplies:
Stamps: PaperMania Home for Christmas 'Baubles' set, Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' clear set
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Basic Gray & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  PaperMania 'Home for Christmas' paper pack
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red & Basic Gray
Tools: circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Word Window, 1" circle & 1 1/4" circle punches

Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals 

 photo CardFuchsiaRuth.gif 

3 comments:

Toni said...

I really really like this--the colors work especially well together. The inside of the card is just as fab.

kelly said...

wow this is so beautiful!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the red, white, and gray, Ruth!!! This is SO elegant--that ornament is just amazing, too! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

01 09 10