Monday 9 September 2013

Leaves Happy Birthday Wishes Card For Debs

It was Debbie's birthday last week and I was so happy to make a card for our special friend - she loves leaves which gave me the perfect opportunity to play with my new SU! Gently Falling set to make her card!  I loved this stamp set as soon as I saw it in the catalogue and it has been on my wish list for a while.  I'm always happy to add a two-step stamping set to my collection and I'm very glad I got the set, it's SO beautiful!  As soon as I'd stamped I realised the set is even lovelier than I'd expected it to be, the picture in the catty really doesn't do it justice!  

I inked the solid leaves with Pear Pizzazz ink and added More Mustard ink with a sponge dauber.  I stamped the outline leaves in Early Espresso ink.  The oak leaf was stamped direct to the Very Vanilla Top Note shape but I stamped the other leaves and the acorns separately, fussy cut them and popped them up.  I layered the Spice Cake patterned paper onto a Pool Party mat, added the ruffled ribbon and adhered the panel to a 5 1/4" square cream card base.  I popped the Top Note shape up and added brown candy dots to complete the card front.


I couldn't resist popping up a sweet acorn on the sentiment label inside the card!


I used another piece of Spice Cake patterned paper to make a matching envelope for the card.  I added more candy dots to the stamped and die cut label.  I am very happy to say that the card was very well received, Debs and Mike loved it!


Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Gently Falling' , 'Simply Sketched' & 'Great Friend' sets, 'Basic Label' single stamp
CS: PaperMania cream square card blank, SU! Pool Party, Soft Suede & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  SU! 'Spice Cake' DSP
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard, Soft Suede & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Top Note die, Apothecary Accents label die, Decorative Label punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pool Party ruffled ribbon,  Pebbles Inc. Chocolate Brown Candy Dots, SU! Dimensionals


 photo HeartSwingRuth.gif 


3 comments:

Pia S said...

What a lovely autumn themed card, Ruth! I love the colors of the leaves and you've arranged them so beautifully!

Peanut said...

This is gorgeous, Ruth- Love that colour combo - perfect autumn look.

xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

kelly said...

Love the DSP, one of my firm favs, the card is very pretty, love how it could be for anyone male or female!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10