Wednesday 25 September 2013

Flower Thinking Of You Circular Card - Inkspirational Sept Sketch Challenge (#39)

This week at Inkspirational we have a wonderful sketch for you to work with.

 

I'm very partial to shaped cards so as soon as I saw the layout I knew I'd have to make a circular card!  I cut two Crumb Cake 5 3/4" circles as a card base, cut a white 5 3/4" circle as a liner for inside, cut a 5" circle of pretty patterned paper and a 5 3/8" Rich Razzleberry mat circle.  I took my colours from the patterned paper and I thought it would be fun to use the flower from the SU! Flower Shop set that has different patterned petals and to make each petal a different colour.  I got out my Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar, Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake and Rich Razzleberry markers and inked and stamped a flower - but I really wasn't happy with the end result.  So I stamped 5 flowers using ink pads, one each in the colours I'd chosen.  I punched them out, snipped between the petals and assembled my multicoloured flower by gluing my snipped petals over the top of a punched out flower!  

I love the dotty leaved flower stem from the retired SU! Sweetheart set and I thought it would be perfect for my flower.  Hmmm, the white oval wasn't quite wide enough for me to get the whole image on so I deliberately stamped the stem off centre to get a partial image.  I added a Rich Razzleberry button to the flower centre and popped the flower up.  I stamped and adhered the sentiment strip and popped up the Rich Razzleberry oval.  As a finishing touch to the card front I added a few gems to the sentiment.


The good thing about stamping those five flowers earlier was that I had plenty of coloured petals to assemble more multicoloured flowers!  I added a stem and flower inside the card.


The envelope flap got a flower too!  I sent this card to my friend Jean from card group who had a nasty fall and broke her hip - ouch!  I hope the card at least brightened her day a little bit!


I hope you'll join in with our Inkspirational sketch challenge this week, I'd love to come and see your creations!

I've always enjoyed designing for the challenges, but sadly, that's my last DT card for Inkspirational as I'm stepping down from the design team.  I've taken on more commitments lately and that, as well as recent changes on the personal front, mean I have less crafty time to spare and something had to give!  I'm hoping I can get to take part in the challenges as a player every now and then so I hope to see you there!  

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Flower Shop', 'Sweetheart' & 'Sassy Salutations' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  Basic Grey Knee Highs 'Cat's Cradle'
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar, Primrose Petals, Crumb Cake & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: EK Success Circle Scissor Pro tool, Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, SU! 'Pansy' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rich Razzleberry button, Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo FlowerRuth.gif 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ust lovely-so simple and gorgeous colours! x

Mynn xx said...

This is DARLING, Ruth! I think this new flower punch and stamp set are SO fabulous! LOVE the colors you used! Thanks so much for all your hard work--I have really appreciated working with you at Inkspirational! HUGS!!! :) Mynn xx

Marina said...

Such a fabulous combination of pattern, colour and shape and I particularly love the inside!!! You have made such a great contribution to Inkspirational challenges . We will miss you and hope you keep your word to play along. Marina

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Ruth! I love the flower stamps paired with that paper. Thank you for all of your hard work at Inkspirational! You are a very talented card maker and I have enjoyed working with you!
- Shauna

Unknown said...

Ruth I'm sure this card cheered your friend! I just fell in love with that flower! Very clever, my dear!

I had so much fun working with you on Inkspirational! Thank you for all of the hard work! I know there were times Mynn and I could not get it all done, but you were always there to help! I'll miss you. Best of luck!
Hugs,
Ellen

kelly said...

this circular card must have been a winner with your friend, really like the pastel colours you've gone with, really pretty!
Kelly xx

01 09 10