Friday 26 July 2013

Colourful Cake It's Your Day Card

I recently coloured a stamped image with artist's coloured pencils and I really enjoyed the process.  I was keen to repeat the experience with a more challenging image and when I saw this beautiful cake stamp I thought it would be perfect. Of course, I didn't NEED to buy a new stamp - but it is SO pretty and it was a bargain price!

I stamped in Memento black ink onto Whisper White CS - one of the reasons I like about colouring with pencils is that you don't need to stamp on special paper or card - and coloured the image with my pencils.  I've layered the white panel onto Basic Black and Strawberry Slush mats and I added Daffodil Delight punched photo corners.  I stamped the flowers and leaves portion of the stamp again, coloured, fussy cut the image and popped it up.    I stamped the sentiment, glued the panel to the front of a 5 1/4" square card and added three blue gems.


Here's a close up of the cake.  It's a tough choice - do more stamping or bake a cake?!  It will have to be stamping for now as I have a lot of crafty preparation to do for next week and I'm behind with it - as per usual! 


I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut doily and popped up the flowers and leaves for inside the card.  More flowers and leaves went onto the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Dovecraft 'Cake' clear stamp, SU! 'Happiest Birthday Wishes' set, Hero Arts 'Fabulous Birthday'
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Strawberry Slush, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! Photo Corners punch, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits die, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: artist's coloured pencils, blue gems, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif 


1 comment:

Pia S said...

This is really bright and beautiful! The bright yellow corners and 3 gems are such fabulous details to this clean design, and the cake is really beautifully colored!

01 09 10