Friday 12 July 2013

Another Rosy Shadow Box Card

I made this rosy shadow box card a while ago and my friend Lesley wanted to make one so I went over to her house for a stamping afternoon to show her how to make it.  Then my friend Jan saw it and she wanted to make a rosy shadow box card too!  I made this version for when Jan came over to make her card - I've changed the colours, sentiment and altered the layout very slightly for this version.


I cut an A4 piece of Gumball Green CS in half and then cut that half in half again and scored both pieces at 1/2" and 1" on the long sides to form the shadow box.  I used circle Nestie dies to cut the aperture and frame.  I embossed a piece of white CS with the SU! Honeycomb folder and glued that to the back panel.  I used masking tape to cover the bottom portion of the sentiment stamp, inked the 'Warmest Wishes' with Strawberry Slush ink and cut it out with a Labels Trio die. I then got very busy two-step stamping and fussy cutting!  I stamped the solid flowers in stamped off twice Strawberry Slush ink, stamped the outline flowers in Raspberry Ripple ink, the solid leaves in Pistachio Pudding ink and the outline leaves in Gumball Green ink.  I adhered some flowers and leaves on the embossed panel, popping a few of them up.  I popped up the flowers around the aperture on the front of the card.  I punched a Strawberry Slush and a Raspberry Ripple butterfly and layered vellum butterflies over the top and added jewels to the bodies - and I added jewels to the sentiment label too!

Here's the back of the card and the envelope.  I love the Stippled Blossoms set, the flowers and leaves are just SO pretty and I really do enjoy all the Stamp-a-ma-jigging and fussy cutting!   Not entirely sure Jan enjoyed it quite as much LOL!  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Stippled Blossoms' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets, 'Beautiful Birthday' stamp
CS:  SU! Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Strawberry Slush, Raspberry Ripple, Pistachio Pudding & Gumball Green
Tools: SU! Simply Scored, circle Nestabilities dies, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo FlowerBoxRuth.gif

2 comments:

Rocky said...

SO very pretty. I love these box cards, they're great but the way you've done this is fantastic, including the back!

Pia S said...

I just love what you've made with this GORGEOUS flower stamp. You've inked it up with such bold, beautiful colors and I like how you arranged all the flowers and adding some to the embossed background as well. Your choice of sentiment makes this card suitable for so many different occasions.

01 09 10