Saturday 22 June 2013

Trees & Snowman Joyful Christmas Season Card - 52 {C}CT June Embellishment Challenge

We've got a fab embellishment challenge for you at 52 {C}CT this week - Jacqueline has chosen sequins and pearls.

 

I knew I wanted to use sequins as ornaments on Christmas trees and I was so chuffed to find that my sequins were the perfect size for the Hero Arts tree stamp I chose to use!  I made a Baja Breeze A6 card base, tore white CS for snow, stamped the sentiment and glittered the snow edges with Star Dust Stickles.  I tucked the trees behind the snow and popped up a cheery snowman.  I punched red stars to top the trees and added gold sequins to the star centres.  I then punched tiny snowflakes and added pearls to the centres to complete the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope with more sequin ornament trees - I loved them on the card so couldn't resist popping another one inside and on the envelope flap!  Can you tell I had a very happy time putting this card together?!


I hope you'll play along with us at 52 {C}CT this week with our embellishment challenge, sequins and pearls can be classy and elegant or fun and whimsical so what will you make?  I'd love to visit your blogs to see your fab creations!  Please check out the cards from the other DT members, there's bound to be lots of inspiration there!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Joy Snowman' stamp & die combo set, 'Joyful Christmas Season' cling set, 'Very Merry Christmas' clear set, PSX 'Snowflake Medley'
CS: SU! Baja Breeze & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Baja Breeze, Gumball Green, Real Red & Pumpkin Pie, blender pen
Tools: Tree & Snowman Sizzix Framelits dies from 'Joy Snowman' stamp & die combo set, Woodware star & snowflake punches
Embellishments & accessories: pack of coloured sequins, Star Dust Stickles, SU! Pearl Jewels, Dimensionals


 photo HeartSwingRuth.gif

7 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Ruth - I have three words for this card: FUN, FUN, FUN. Absolutely love your colored sequins as ornaments on the tree (inside too). A fabulous card and a very creative use of the sequins. Hugs D

Mynn xx said...

SO cute and fun! ;) LOVE the sequins as ornaments on the tree! What a great idea! :) HUGS and hope you have a great weekend!

Peanut said...

So many twinkly shiny embellies. It's going to be hard to resist this challenge! Thanks for stopping by and leave me a sweet comment, Ruth. Always a pleasure to hear from you!
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Patricia Hays said...

Ruth, you have created a simply adorable scene here! This cheery card is sure to bring a smile to its recipient's face! Fantastic job!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely love your card. The sequins make the perfect ornaments on the Christmas Trees and I do like the jolly snowman too! Love the inside and envelope too. You always make wonderful ensembles!

Rosmarie said...

Oh la la, there are many pearls and sequins on it!
This is a very beautiful Christmas card, Ruth! You've also decorated the inside and the envelope, how adorable! Deliciously sweet the little snowman...
Hugs Rosi

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your cute blingy card Ruth with that cheery snowman - such a happy card! Vicky x

01 09 10