Thursday 13 June 2013

June 2013 Card Group Projects

It was our June card group meeting this afternoon - and a good inky time was had by all!  As usual I designed three cards for the ladies to make.  The first card is based on a card I made recently in this post - today's card is easier though as there's a lot less Stamp-a-ma-jig action on the tag!  I attached a strip of patterned paper to an A6 Island Indigo card base and die cut a Pool Party tag.  I cut a piece of Whisper White CS to slot into the tag and rounded the corners.  I stamped the flourish in Pool Party ink and stamped the flowers in Island Indigo ink - once on Pool Party CS and again on Whisper White CS.  I stamped the sentiment, fussy cut the flowers and popped them up.  A bright pop of Tangerine Tango was added with ribbon and a button to echo the colour in the patterned paper - and that's quite enough Tangerine Tango on a card for me!  I added a punched butterfly with aqua nailheads and popped the tag up on the card.


For the second card I was inspired by this lovely card made by Wanda which is very clean and fresh.  I came over all shabby and distressed though when I made my version!  I wanted to extend the layered stamping to include the splodge and postmark and I thought some inky distressing was called for. I used Pale Plum CS for the A6 card base and added an Elegant Eggplant mat.  I embossed Very Vanilla CS with the Vintage Wallpaper folder and very lightly brayered Crumb Cake ink over the embossing.  For the main image panel, I stamped the French Script background in stamped off once Crumb Cake ink, stamped the bloom in Perfect Plum ink and the sentiment in Elegant Eggplant ink.  I stamped the splodges in Crumb Cake and the postmark in Baked Brown Sugar ink.  I sponged the edges of both Vanilla panels with Baked Brown Sugar ink.  I then edged the image panel with Elegant Eggplant ink to add a touch more definition and I popped the panel up.


Onto card three which involves getting very inky fingers!  I kept to a CAS design and made the card neutral so it could be used for a male or female.  I started off by cutting a square of Naturals White CS, I placed it on my craft mat and applied Broken China, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks with sponge applicator tools.  When I was happy with how the colours had blended I stamped the bird and sentiment and layered onto silver paper and black CS mats.  I glued the panel to a 5 1/4" Naturals White card base.  I made sure to take my Ranger Craft Scrubbie hand cleaning bar so the ladies could go home without blue fingers LOL!


Supplies for card 1:
Stamps: SU! 'Creative Elements' set, Hobby Art 'Best Wishes'
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Pool Party & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Sycamore Street DSP
Ink: SU! Pool Party & Island Indigo
Tools: SU! Two Tags die, Bitty Butterfly punch, corner rounder punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! tangerine Tango ribbon & button, aqua nailheads, 3d foam pads


Supplies for card 2:
Stamps: SU! 'Blooming with Kindness' & 'French Foliage' sets, SU! 'French Script' background stamp
CS: SU! Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant & Baked Brown Sugar
Tools: SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, brayer, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories:  3D foam tape


Supplies for card 3:
Stamps: Inkadinkado 'Birds Galore' clear set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Naturals White & Basic Black, silver paper
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China, Faded Jeans & Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: ink applicator tools & sponges
Embellishments & accessories:Ranger Craft Scrubbie for clean up!


 photo CardFuchsiaRuth.gif

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Beautiful cards! Love the tag on the first one!

01 09 10