Monday 24 June 2013

Field Flowers Warmest Wishes Birthday Card

I have two ladies, Angela and Janet, coming to my home this afternoon for a card class.  Angela lives in my neighbourhood, just up the road from me, and for many years we've exchanged pleasantries when we've met in the street.  Then one day I saw her shopping in the Glitter Pot, our local craft shop so I went to talk to her and discovered she had just started to make cards.  My friend Jan was with me and she had just been to my house to make two cards and she showed them to Angela who then promptly asked if she could come to my place to make cards too!  It seems we've gone from casual acquaintances to friends due to our love of crafting, how nice is that?!

Angela came for a visit a couple of weeks ago to have a look at some of the cards I'd made and she asked if she and Janet could come to make a card with a floral theme.  Well, as florals are my favourite (as well as butterflies!), of course I said yes to that request!  So here is the card they will make.  I chose Field Flowers as it's one of my favourite stamp sets - two-step flower stamping and some fussy cutting equals one very happy stamper - in my book anyway, I hope Angela and Janet will feel the same!  Obviously two-step stamping requires the use of the Stamp-a-ma-jig which can be tricky for newer card makers so they may not share the same level of enthusiasm - but I'll work on that LOL!  

I made the A6 card base with Blushing Bride CS, layered the white panel onto Primrose Petals and Early Espresso mats and added some Primrose Petals stitched ribbon.  I think this could turn into one of my favourite colour combos!  I stamped the stem in Espresso, the solid flower in Blushing Bride and the outline flower in Primrose Petals.  I stamped one flower direct to the card and stamped a second one on a separate piece of CS which I fussy cut and popped up.  I stamped the butterfly onto Blushing Bride CS, added colour with inks and a blender pen, punched the butterfly and glued it to the card after stamping the antennae. 


I've also decorated the inside of the card and the envelope - I'm hoping Angela and Janet will want to do that too, although I'll leave that up to them!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Field Flowers', 'Blooming with Kindness' & 'Papillon Potpourri' sets, Penny Black 'Lovely Day'
CS: SU! Blushing Bride, Primrose Petals, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride, Primrose Petals & Early Espresso, Blender Pen
Tools:  SU! Bitty Butterfly punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Primrose Petals stitched ribbon, Dimensionals



 photo FlowerBoxRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10