Saturday 25 May 2013

Pine & Twine Greetings Of The Season Card - 52 {C}CT May Embellishment Challenge

At 52 {C}CT it's time for an embellishment challenge and Mynnette has chosen Baker's Twine for us to use on our Christmas cards this week.

 

I die cut an Apothecary Accents label, stamped the sentiment and used the lovely SU! Peaceful Wishes set to stamp pine boughs and berries onto the label.  I punched a small hole at both ends of the label, added eyelets and threaded doubled up Early Espresso twine through the eyelet holes and taped the ends to the back of the Real Red mat layer.  I then glued the layer to the Early Espresso card base.   I don't like how DL sized cards with the fold at the top often don't stand up too well so I made my card side opening by joining 2 pieces of CS together.  I cut an A4 piece of Early Espresso CS in half lengthways, scored at 8 1/4" inches and then glued another piece of CS to the inside of the card to complete the full sized card - the join is visible only on the back of the card.  I tied two twine bows and adhered them over the top of the eyelets.  I inked the pine cone stamp with Soft Suede ink, stamped off once, added Early Espresso ink just around the edges with a sponge dauber and stamped.  I stamped three pine cones in this way, fussy cut them, added some glitter and popped the pine cones up.   I then completed the card front by adding some green candy dots.


Here's a closer view of the sparkly pine cones.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Another Christmas card added to the box and another chance to ink up an oldie but goodie Christmas stamp set, so I'm happy!  Check out the other DT member's cards as there's bound to be great inspiration on offer and then I hope you'll join in with our 52 {C}CT challenge this week.  I'd love to visit your blogs to see your cards!   

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Wishes' & 'Greetings of the Season' sets, Woodware 'Wishing You' clear stamp
CS: SU! Early Espresso, Real Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Real Red, Soft Suede & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits die, Crop-A-Dile, 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals, Pebbles Inc. Spring Green Candy Dots, eyelets


 photo ruthcat2.gif

7 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Fabulous pinecones Ruth and I love how you place the twine - great detail and draws the eye to the gorgeous middle.

Louise van Vuren said...

Very intriguing, how you made this card. The pinecones are gorgeous and it's a great way to use twine.

Louise xx

Mynn xx said...

SO elegant, Ruth! LOVE the way you've inked up those pinecones and the generational stamping of the branches is great, too! HUGS and happy weekend! :)

Patricia Hays said...

Oh dear. If you think Peaceful Wishes is an old set, then you'd probably think a lot of my SU sets are ancient. LOL

The pinecones on the die cut panel are lovely here! Your layout reminds me of the March 52{C}CT sketch, but elongated. Nicely done!

sarahstone said...

I love the rustic feel of your card, Ruth, and it's so clever how you laced the baker's twine through the eyelets. Great idea!

Pia S said...

This is a great design for a Christmas card! I like what you did the with the twine. And I find the inside so pretty - it would be perfect as a CAS card front as well!

Deborah Frings said...

Ruth - this is stunning! I love the way you "tied" the label to the card. The sparkle on the cones and the pretty brad - just fab. I have to say that the inside is also gorgeous and would make a wonderful CAS card! Brilliant!

01 09 10