Monday 4 March 2013

Rosy Happy Thoughts Card

Mynnette really liked one of the Woodware clear Christmas stamps I've used on a couple of my cards.  As they are not available in the U.S.A. I sent the stamp to Mynnette as a RAK.  Now, as a card maker I couldn't simply bung the stamp in a jiffy bag and send it off could I?!   I had to make a card for Mynnette to accompany the stamp.  Then after I'd finished the card I made a matching envelope to put the card and stamp in!

I knew I wanted to use some SU! Twitterpated flowery patterned paper and I took my combo from the colours in the paper.  The A6 size card was made with  Pink Pirouette CS and the punched border and strip were made with Baja Breeze CS.  I layered the white panel onto a Riding Hood Red mat.  The SU! Stippled Blossoms stamp set is going to be a definite favourite of mine, that rose is beautiful!  I stamped the solid rose in Pink Pirouette ink and stamped the outline over the top in Riding Hood Red ink.  I used Pear Pizzazz ink stamped off and full strength for the leaves.  I fussy cut the images, added some glitter to the rose and popped the rose and leaves up.  I stamped the sentiment and then added a Mynnette signature touch - some pretty bling! 


Here's a close up of the rose - ooooh, sparkly!


Here's what I did inside the card.


Here's the envelope for the card.


Then it was onto making an envelope for the stamp and card to fit inside.  I used the SU! Simply Scored and Diagonal Plate which makes whipping up a patterned paper envelope so quick and easy!
I made a 6 1/2" square envelope using the same patterned paper I'd used on the card.  Here's the front of the envelope.


Here's the back of the envelope.  I made an office envelope type closure using punches, brads and baker's twine.  They're good fun to unwrap!


What a very happy time I had in my craft room making this for Mynnette!  I just hope she was as happy to receive it and that she enjoys getting inky with the stamp!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Stippled Blossoms' & 'Four Frames' sets, 'Sending Happy Thoughts' from Hero Arts
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Twitterpated DSP
Ink: SU! Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red & Pear Pizzazz
Tools: Square Nestie dies, SU! Eyelet Border punch, Decorative Label punch, circle punches, Boho Blossoms punch, Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Gray brads, Whisper White baker's twine, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals, pink rhinestone jewels


 photo FlowerBoxRuth.gif

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a lovely thing to do Ruth - I'd love to see Mynnette's face when she opens that beautiful package. That sparkly rose is stunning - Jacqueline xx

Peanut said...

Aaaw, this is so pretty, Ruth. Mynnette will love it for sure!
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
xxx Asha
Sunny Summer Crafts

Mynn xx said...

My face was like this ---> OH MY WORD!!! RUTH??!!!

I had NO CLUE she'd send something so gorgeous to me--it really made my day!

Thank you, sweet friend! This is a card that has a special place in my craft room and I'm never throwing it away! HUGS! :)

01 09 10