Saturday 16 March 2013

Bunny Happy Easter Card - Inkspirational Challenge #11

It's time for my end of the week encouragement post for the Inkspirational March Photo challenge.  If you haven't taken part already just look at the photo we have for you - surely you can't resist joining us to make a project based on that sweet photo?!



The details from the photo that I chose to feature on my Easter card are the bunny, purple flowers and daisies.  A little while ago I discovered some long forgotten QuicKutz dies in my stash, among them was the Peek-a-Boo Bunny die.  I die cut all the parts, inked the edges to add a wee bit of definition, die cut the pink square, stamped the sentiment and inked the edges.  I then assembled the bunny holding his sign, popping up the head, paws and feet.  I made a 5 1/4" square Barely Banana card base and added two strips of ribbon.  I die cut Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink and Creamy Caramel ovals and popped up the bunny.  Out came the flower punches, leaf dies and springy yellow pearls for the flower centres.  I inked the edges of the white daisies with Pretty in Pink ink and shaped the flowers before gluing them to the card.   


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I stamped the image onto watercolour paper, cut it out, used inks and a blender pen to colour and glued the completed image to the Whisper White CS panel inside the card. 


It was such fun putting this card together, I hope you'll have as much fun when you join in and share your creations with us at Inkspirational - I'm looking forward to seeing what you make!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Wacky Wishes' set, Stampendous 'Bunny Window'
CS: SU! Barely Banana, Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black & Whisper White, Core'dinations Forget Me Not CS
Ink: SU! Creamy Caramel, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight & Elegant Eggplant, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: QuicKutz Peek-a-Boo Bunny die, Petite Oval & square Nestabilities dies, SU! Boho Blossoms punch, EK Success flower punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pretty in Pink striped grosgrain ribbon, Wild Wasabi stitched ribbon, yellow pearls, Dimensionals


 photo ruthiebeebunny.gif

4 comments:

Lisbeth K said...

I just wanna hug that bunny!!! This is a very VERY beautiful card Ruth!

Unknown said...

Ruth that card is just adorable! I am in love with your little bunny and those little flowers are just perfect!

Marina said...

Hi Ruth
I'm so glad you rediscovered your dies because I love this card It has great dimension and total cuteness.
Marina

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely brilliant, Ruth! DARLING use of punches and die cuts! LOVE your sweet colors and the inside is fabulous, too! HUGS! :)

01 09 10