Saturday 19 January 2013

Recessed Window Just A Note Card - Inkspiration Challenge #3 - EOWE

It's time for the January CASE challenge at Inkspirational this week.  I'm here with an EOWE (end of the week encouragement) post to encourage you to join in with the challenge if you haven't done so already!  We are asking that you CASE Victoria's lovely card which you can see here.


To me CASE stands for Copy And Selectively Edit so I like to change a few things.  For my card I've changed the colour scheme, changed the orientation to landscape and I added some ribbon, a sentiment label and some popped up flowers.  I love the way Victoria popped up a panel in the same colour CS as the card base and I also love the recessed window and the rounded corners so I kept all those features.

I stamped the SU! Very Vintage wheel on Very Vanilla CS using Raspberry Ripple ink.  I added a touch of colour here and there with inks and a blender pen and sponged the whole panel lightly with Soft Suede ink.  The vanilla panel was glued flat to the card and the Raspberry Ripple panel with the window cut out of it was popped up.  I tied the Primrose Petals ribbon around the panel before popping it up, stamped the sentiment, cut it out with the Word Window punch, edged the label with Always Artichoke ink and glued it to the ribbon.  I then stamped 3 flowers in Always Artichoke ink - stamping off once first and then rock 'n rolling in Always Artichoke ink.  I fussy cut the flowers, popped them up and added jewels to the centres to finish off the front. 


I stamped the wheel again on a panel for inside the card, added a line with an Always Artichoke marker and edged the panel with Artichoke ink.  I couldn't resist adding two more stamped and fussy cut flowers inside!


For the front of the envelope I simply stamped the wheel again and added an Always Artichoke CS strip.


Please go and check out what the rest of the Inkspirational DT have made, there's sure to be lots to inspire you!  Then please go and get inky and join in with the challenge, I'd love to pop by your blogs to see what you make!  There's a monthly sponsor prize on offer - the challenge blog has all the details!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Very Vintage wheel & Vintage Vogue set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Raspberry Ripple, Always Artichoke & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Raspberry Ripple, Always Artichoke, Primrose Petals & Soft Suede
Tools: Corner rounder punch, SU! Word Window punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels & Dimensionals


Photobucket

7 comments:

sandie said...

love the changes you made especially making it a window rather than a panel. The vintage feel to the whole card is beautiful!

Yvonne Garner said...

Wow! Love your take on the challenge! The inside and envelope are such a nice added touch, too. Have a fabulous weekend. Cheers! Yvonne

Anonymous said...

Great case Ruth! Beautiful pattern stamp and I love how you popped out the cluster of flowers.
- Shauna

Marina said...

Great raspberry colour, Ruth, I love that stamp you've used. You've kept the essence of the original but the ribbon and flowers give it an original twist that I love.
Marina

Meighan Wheller said...

Love how you used the recess window! This is something I will have to try. That is my favourite wheel image too! Looks fabulous in the colours you have used Ruth. Take care...Meg

Unknown said...

Hi Ruth, thanks for your comment on my card for this challenge. We were both on the same wave length with our cards and this is gorgeous.
I have joined your blog as a new member too..cheers, annie


http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

Kelly said...

Beautiful card! I have issues with wheels, but your image is perfection :)

01 09 10