Saturday 1 December 2012

Santa's Outfit Card - 52 {C}CT Nov Sketch Challenge

It's time for the last sketch of 2012 at 52 {C}CT this week.  It's a nice, easy, versatile sketch too!


I chose to rotate the sketch for my Santa's outfit card. I've had the Hero Arts Santa stamps for a very, very long time and I've used them a lot over the years, just not recently.  I can't bring myself to part with them though and it was lovely to ink them up again!  I started off by making a 5 3/4" square Riding Hood Red card base.  I stamped the coat, hat and boots onto watercolour paper and coloured the coat and hat with inks and a wet paintbrush.  I used a gold gel pen to colour the belt buckle.  I cut out the images and then I made the trim on the clothes and boots fluffy by adding white Flower Soft.  I thought this sentiment containing the 'Ho, ho, ho!' was very suitable to use with the Santa outfit images!  I used gold and black CS for my mat layers.  I added some gingham ribbon and popped up the images to finish off the front.


I stamped another sentiment inside the card.  I've then used another 'oldie but goodie' item I've had in my stash for ages - an Ellison Cut'n Emboss snowflake die.  I cut the flakes from gold CS and placed a red glitter dome sticker on each centre.  


I hope you'll join us for this week's challenge - you just might need a few more Christmas cards yet!  I look forward to visiting you to see what you create with this fab sketch layout!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Santa's Coat', 'Santa's Hat', 'Santa's Boots' & 'Think of Christmas', Penny Black 'Joy, Hope'
CS: SU! Riding Hood Red, Basic Black & Whisper White, gold CS
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Riding Hood Red & Basic Black, gold gel pen
Tools: Ellison Cut'n Emboss Snowflake die, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Perfect Layers
Embellishments & accessories: Polar White Flower Soft, black & white gingham ribbon, PaperMania red glitter dome stickers, SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

3 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Ruth - your fabulous card had me grinning from ear to ear. Way too cute!! Love your fussy cut outfit and hat and the coloring and extra effects is awesome. Hugs D

Mynn xx said...

Another totally amazing card, Ruth! LOVE the different components of Santa's suit in different places and I LOVE that gingham ribbon! This is fabulous! :)

Louise van Vuren said...

Hi Ruth, this is such a lot of fun! Beautifully coloured and creatively designed and Mynnette is right -that gingham ribbon is just perfect!

Louise xx

01 09 10