Thursday 8 November 2012

SU! Birthday Owl Card

This is another card I made at Joanne's SU! Make and Take - isn't the owl with his birthday balloon and gift adorable?!  The card base is Midnight Muse and the accent colours are Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green and Chocolate Chip.  The neutral CS is the SU! Naturals Ivory.  The wings were made with half a punched 1 3/4" scalloped circle.  Joanne showed us that an owl foot makes the perfect balloon knot when attached to a punched circle - ingenious!  Linen thread is tied around the balloon and the gift and they are both popped up  The owl is popped up over the Little Leaves die cut.  White gel pen highlights were added to the balloon and the owl's eyes. 


Here's the inside with two balloons.  I didn't decorate an envelope while I was there and I can't do it at home as I don't have the owl punch - yet!  I cadged a couple of owl feet from Joanne earlier this week so I can  now put balloons on the envelope too!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Itty Bitty Banners set
CS: SU! Midnight Muse, Pumpkin Pie, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip & Naturals Ivory

Patterned paper:  SU! Comfort Cafe DSP
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, white gel pen
Tools: SU! Owl Builder punch, Little Leaves Sizzlits die, 1 3/4" scallop circle punch, 1" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Linen Thread, Dimensionals


Photobucket

4 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Gorgeous cute card Ruth!

Jacqueline said...

Love this card Ruth - very cheerful. - Jacqueline xx

Patty Gorka said...

This is adorable, I have to case this one!

Patty Gorka said...

I just made a card like yours :) Hope you like it-

http://lalattystampnstuff.blogspot.com/2012/11/abc-sketch-challenge.html

01 09 10