Tuesday 13 November 2012

Lesley's Lattice Card

My friend Lesley came to collect her Stampin' Up! order this afternoon.  I like to pop a hand made card in the bag to say thank you for the order and this is the card I made for Lesley.  I hope she likes it!  I took the opportunity of playing with my new Lattice Bigz die.What a fab die, I love it!

I wanted a tone on tone look for a subtle background and the original plan was for a simple CAS design.  Once I got out my Floral Fusion Sizzlits die though the card got a little fancier LOL!  I love how the flowers stack together and just one stacked flower on its own didn't look right so then it had to be a cluster of three and I added some leaves too!  I snipped between the petals of each flower so I could get them to pop up a wee bit and I added jewels to the centres.  I added some Cherry Cobbler ribbon at the bottom.  I wanted to wrap the ribbon around the card so to do that I cut a small slit in the spine of the card, threaded the ribbon through the slit and taped the ends down inside the card.  Then I made a flat bow using the plain side of the ribbon and attached that to the dotty strip. 


Naturally, there had to be flowers inside the card and on the envelope too!  Ooooh, I also got to use a new stamp, I've just got the Wacky Wishes set and I used the thank you stamp.  I love the mixed up fonts that make up the sentiments! 


Getting new goodies is always exciting but at the same time I try to stick to my plan of  purging some older stash items when new goodies come in.  So I have had a craft room clear out and have a few items for sale on eBay right now.  If you would like to check them out, please click here, thank you.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Wacky Wishes
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler & Lucky Limeade
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler
Tools:  SU! Lattice Bigz die, Floral Fusion & Little Leaves Sizzlits dies
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Cherry Cobbler dotted ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels


Photobucket

3 comments:

Myrna said...

This is a gorgeous card. She will love it.
Myrna

Paper Profusion said...

A beauty of a card and envelope. The red pops wonderfully. Nicola x

Mynn xx said...

I LOVE the tone on tone layering, Ruth! These colors are amazing together--this one's pinned! :)

01 09 10