Saturday 20 October 2012

Two Blooms For You Card - Simply Stampin' Oct Sketch Challenge

We have this great card sketch layout for you to follow at the Simply Stampin' challenge blog this week. 


I've made a 5 3/4" square card and used Rich Razzleberry,  Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla as my colour combo - a definite fave!  I attached the CS and patterned paper strips first.  I then opened my new Apothecary Accents die set (gorgeous!) and used the largest shape in the set.  I stamped the flourish stamp from the Elements of Style set in Crumb Cake ink onto the Very Vanilla shape and sponged the edges.  I stamped two Mixed Bunch flowers and punched them out and also punched two plain Rich Razzleberry flowers as shadows for my stamped shapes.  I threaded linen thread through the buttons,  placed a button in the centre of each flower and popped up the flower on the right.  I stamped the 'For You' stamp, punched it out with a 1" circle punch, sponged the edges, matted onto a Razzleberry 1 1/4" circle and popped it up.


I cut a Vanilla panel for inside the card, stamped the flourish in opposite corners after stamping off once first and I sponged the edges.  For the front of the envelope I did more stamping and sponging.   I also added a Crumb Cake CS strip and a label made with another gorgeous Apothecary Accents Framelits die.  Such a pretty shape!


This is a fab layout so I hope you will join us this week, I'd love to come and see your cards!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Mixed Bunch & Elements of Style sets
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  SU! Festival of Prints DSP
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: SU! Apothecary Accents Framelits dies, Blossom punch, 1" & 1 1/4" circle punches, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rich Razzleberry buttons, Linen Thread & Dimensionals


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

love the shadow effect you have created with your die cuts - beautiful colours too - Jacqueline xx

kelly said...

This card is so elegant, I can imagine the receiver sipping Earl Grey from a bone chine cup while admiring it.
Great card!
Kelly xx

01 09 10