Tuesday 16 October 2012

Tree Very Merry Christmas Card

Another of my 'bits from the box' cards I completed during my Saturday blitz.  On 1st September the 52 {C}CT blog had this card sketch as the challenge for that week.


I started making this card as my DT entry but didn't like how it was going so I abandoned it and moved onto a different card.  I'm not entirely sure why I wasn't happy with it, musing on it now I wonder if the choice of patterned paper was the problem but I'd adhered it to the card front already.  Anyway, I know not to ignore that feeling when I get it.  Forcing the issue is not the right way to go for me, to avoid frustration it's far better for me to lay a card aside and come back to it later!   Originally I planned just to have the plain white sentiment oval but on my revisit I've added a red Modern Label punched shape behind which I like better.  I think just that small pop of colour makes a big difference somehow.  I've also added the punched photo corners.  The tree is popped up.  I had already placed jewels on the star and snowflake but now I've added 3 more jewels in a line on the image panel.  


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I've used my fab new Snow Flurry die for the red snowflakes and a punch for the white ones. Have you got any cards that you've abandoned part way through?  Maybe now is the time to revisit and rescue them!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Scentsational Season & Best Yet sets, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Lucky Limeade In Color DSP
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Holiday Collection Framelits die, Photo Corners, plain oval & Modern Label punches, Snow Flurry die, Woodware snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, Dimensionals


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10