Wednesday 17 October 2012

New Home Congratulations Circle Shaped Card

This sponged circle with the die cut borders has been buried and neglected in my 'to be finished' box for several months.  I had sponged Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy inks onto a white circle and then layered 3 Country Landscape die cuts with 3d foam pads.  That's as far as I got and it stayed on my desk for quite a while before it got tossed into the box following a tidy up.  I just recently needed to make a couple of new home cards and it would have been perfect but I didn't remember that I had this circle already made.  In fact, I didn't even remember I had the Country Landscape die, how shameful!  Anyway, I excavated the circle from the box and set about making it into a card.

I thought the image circle needed to shine on a card front without it getting lost in too fancy a design.  I simply matted the circle onto a larger patterned paper circle and made a scalloped circle shaped card using a Nestie die and Baja Breeze CS.  For my sentiment I knew I wanted something plain and simple and I chose 'congratulations' from the SU! Embellished Events set.  I stamped in Early Espresso ink onto Very Vanilla CS and cut it out with the Word Window punch. 


I die cut the Country Landscape die and then cut the CS with the scalloped circle Nestie die to decorate the inside of the card.  I decided to make a matching envelope from Baja Breeze CS so out came my Simply Scored and Diagonal Plate.  The finished card measures approx. 4 1/2" so I needed a 4 3/4" square envelope.  To make it I cut the CS to 7 1/2" square and scored at 3 3/8" on each side.  I added a die cut border to the front of the envelope to finish off.  So, that's one more 'bits from the box' item rescued and I now have a new home card in my stash!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Embellished Events set
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Whisper White & Very Vanilla 

Patterned paper:  SU! Festival of Prints DSP
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy & Early Espresso
Tools: Memory Box Country Landscape die, plain & scalloped circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Word Window punch, SU! Simply Scored & Diagonal Plate, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam tape


Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

OMG, I cannot believe this has been in your box for months!!! I reckon itwould make a fabulous christmas card with some snow covering the landscape! I NEED that die!!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10