Friday 19 October 2012

CAS Swinging Ornament Merry Christmas Card

This is another 'bits from the box' card I've completed.  The stamped and die cut ornament has been in the box for a few weeks and I dug it out together with a lacy square die cut shape that has been in the box for ages!

I stamped the pine bough onto the lacy square and then punched two small holes so I could tie the ornament to the bough so it would swing.  I applied glitter glue to the bough and when that was dry I tied the ornament on with gold sparkly thread.  I stamped the sentiment and popped the lacy square up.


Inside I simply matted and layered a sentiment.  For the envelope flap I used markers to ink a stamp from the SU! Ornament Keepsakes set and used circle punches to mat and layer.


I've still got quite a few bits in the 'to be completed' box that need dealing with.  I'm sure I'll be adding to it all the time and I don't anticipate it will ever be empty.  I plan to keep it more under control from now on though - I'm going to try at least!  I don't want it to get to the point where I can't fit the lid on again!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Ornament Keepsakes, Peaceful Wishes & Four the Holidays sets, Penny Black 'Beautiful Season'
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Gumball Green & Raspberry Ripple
Tools: SU! Holiday Ornaments Framelits die, Lacy Square Nestabilities dies, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Details glitter glue, gold sparkly thread, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

2 comments:

Danielle Vincent said...

I love, love,love this Ruth! What a terrific card! Hugs Danielle

kelly said...

So proud of you another from your bits creation, and oh so pretty!!! What a clever sausage you are.
Kelly xx

01 09 10