Saturday 1 September 2012

Owls Baby Congratulations Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge # 75

Baby, Baby is the theme for our challenge this week at Simply Stampin'.  It has been a very long time since I've made a baby card!  I'm limited on baby card supplies but I had a wonderful time playing  with the lovely Nursery Nest papers to make my card - I love the owls paper!

I cut a strip of owls paper and then cut five owls out separately so I could pop them up on top of the paper strip.  I mounted the owls strip onto some dotty Nursery Nest paper, added the ribbon, the congratulations strip and layered onto a Basic Gray mat.  I threaded a thin strip of Pear Pizzazz CS through the holes of a Marina Mist button and added that to the sentiment strip.


For the inside and the envelope I used the fab ric rac design paper and I couldn't resist adding another owl inside!


I hope  you'll take part in our Simply Stampin' challenge this week, I'd love to come and see your sweet cards and projects!  

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Curly Cute set
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Basic Gray, Pear Pizzazz & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Nursery Nest DSP
Ink: SU! Marina Mist
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon, Marina Mist button, Dimensionals


Photobucket

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous card Ruth, those owls are really cute - Jacqueline xx

Adeline Lee said...

Simple but fun! It’s fun because of the main attractions – the OWLS! They’re so cute. It’s just right for you to put another one inside! You gave justice to the color combinations as well… Great job! You should continue making more baby cards in the future! I wonder what could happen for next’s week challenge…

Margaret said...

The owls are too sweet and what a great use of the DSP!! Such a cute card!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is a lot of fussy cutting of those Owls but they look awesome. I love the layout of this card and, as ususal, the inside of the card and the envelope look fantastic too! Deb x

01 09 10