Saturday 22 September 2012

Flower It's Your Day! Card - Simply Stampin' 'Stitch It' Challenge

This week at Simply Stampin' the challenge theme is Stitch it - Faux or Sew.  Hmmmm, stitching.  Faux?  Sew?  Honestly, I prefer NO!  If I draw lines with a pen my faux stitches come out all different lengths and wonky so I avoid that.  I'm rubbish at any needlecrafts, sewing on a button is my limit and so real stitching wasn't an option. I always admire sewing and stitching when I see it on cards other people have made, but I accept it's not going to happen on my cards!

So, I thought this challenge would be the perfect time to get out my In Stitches stamps to stamp some faux stitches.  I bought the wheel, unmounted the rubber and cut the stamps into individual strips.  Well, that was the plan - but the stamped faux stitching wasn't working out for me at all and I wasted a lot of CS and became frustrated and grumpy.  In the end I thought it would be better and quicker to bite the bullet and do real stitching!  I adhered the Wisteria Wonder patterned paper square to a larger square of Whisper White CS and used the template from the Mat Pack to pierce holes around the square.  Then I added simple black stitches - you ain't getting any fancy stitches from me LOL!  That done, it was onto the fun stuff!

I die cut the flower from the Blossom Party die and broke out my new Autumn Accents die and cut out two leaves.  As well as the Concord Crush dotty patterned paper, I used a piece of chipboard from the back of a used notepad to cut the flower so it has a bit of dimension. I attached a small Blossom Party flower to the centre with a Lucky Limeade brad and added the sentiment flag.  I mounted the white panel onto a square of Concord Crush CS and then adhered that to a Wisteria Wonder 5" square card. 



Here's the inside and the envelope.  Nothing complicated going on here, I'd been challenged enough with the stitching!



I hope you can join in with our Stitch it - Faux or Sew challenge this week - if I can do it, ANYONE can!  I'd love to come and see your cards, even though you will put me completely to shame, I will still enjoy seeing them!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Happiest Birthday Wishes set
CS: SU! Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, Lucky Limeade & Whisper White, chipboard from back of a notepad

Patterned paper:  Wisteria Wonder & Concord Crush In Color DSP
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade
Tools: SU! Blossom Party & Autumn Accents dies, SU! Mat Pack, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & SU! Lucky Limeade brad, Dimensionals, needle & black thread


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruth - I am glad you persisted and took on the challenge as your stitching came out perfect! Your card looks fabulous!! Deb x

01 09 10