Tuesday 24 July 2012

Gold Flaked Flower With Best Wishes Card

I've had my gilding flakes out again to CASE a card I saw on display at the Glitter Pot.  The card is larger than I usually make, it measures 7" x 5".   I've used Lancashire Rose gilding flakes on the harlequin background stamp and the Penny Black 'Dreamy' flower stamp.  I love how the delicate flower image contrasts with the grungy, distressed background panel!  I've matted my white panels onto gold mirri card, added brads to the flower panel and popped the flower panel up.  After stamping the sentiment I added gold ribbon and gold nailheads to finish off the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope with just some simple stamping and punching.  Short and sweet from me today, I'm going to enjoy some sunshine in the garden with a good book!


Supplies:
Stamps: IndigoBlu 'Harlequin', Penny Black 'Dreamy', Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: PaperMania 7" x 5" white card blank, SU! Whisper White, gold mirri card
Ink:  Memento Espresso Truffle, Encore metallic gold
Tools: Circle punches, Perfect Layers
Embellishments & accessories: IndigoBlu FlitterGlu, Lancashire Rose gilding flakes & scoochy, gold brads, gold nailheads, gold ribbon, 3d foam pads


Photobucket



3 comments:

kelly said...

OMG this card is flipping gorgeous!!! that diamond background stamp is lush!
I'm super jealous that I don't have any gliding flakes yet, soon fingers crossed!
Kelly xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Wow - this is really lovely!! Nicely done Ruth!

Sillysar3 said...

This is absolutely beautiful!

01 09 10