Monday 25 June 2012

Gilding Flaked Ferns Just For You Card For Michelle

Michelle from The Card Grotto wasn't very well recently and had a stay in hospital so I sent her this card to let her know I was thinking of her and wishing her well. Surprise, surprise - I've been gilding my ferns stamp again!  The gilding flakes look fab on black CS but I wanted to try it on something different so I went for a  neglected neutral - Sahara Sand.  Actually, I was surprised how well the gilding looks on Sahara Sand CS, it may just encourage me to use it more often!

I made the 5 3/4" square card base from Sahara Sand CS and added a mat of Early Espresso CS.  I layered the flaked fern panel onto Rich Razzleberry and Pool Party mats.  I used a Martha Stewart punch to cut out the butterflies, sponged the edges with ink and added rhinestone jewels.  I got the gorgeous aqua crochet trim from a lovely gift shop we visited in Salisbury when we had our trip to the New Forest recently - it's a perfect match for Pool Party!  I made a little trim tab for the image panel, taped it behind and added a large Razzleberry button.  I made the flower element with aqua Prima flowers - I added an antique brad and a rhinestone jewel to the flower centre.


Here's the inside and the envelope -with more flaked ferns!  I cut the sentiment out with a Labels Trio die and added tiny punched flowers with jewel centres to finish off.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Three Ferns, Hero Arts Wishing You Well, Just for You from SU! Precious Butterflies set
CS: SU! Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry & Early Espresso
Ink: SU! Early Espresso & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Martha Stewart butterfly punch, flower punch from  SU! Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: IndigoBlu FlitterGlu, Phat Foam, scoochy & Brighton Pier gilding flakes, aqua crochet trim, Prima E Line aqua flowers, SU! Antique Brad, SU! Rich Razzleberry button, SU! Rhinestone Jewels


Photobucket

4 comments:

Migdalia said...

Hi Ruth,I hope all is well.Your card is Beautiful!!!I am speechless...The fern panel,prima flower an dthe aqua color are a few of my favorite.My sister came to visit me and could not stop looking and touching your card.She thought I had purchased it.I told her the story behind it and she could not believe it.And she laughed beacuse she knows how much I adore the Stampin up products.I do not own but Its amazing.

Mynn xx said...

There are those gorgeous guilding flakes again! This is just stunning--I really LOVE the guilding...you are so very talented, Ruth!!! :)

Victoria said...

Absolutely STUNNING!

Michelle Short said...

Thank you so much for my stunning card Ruth. So sweet of you to think of me when I was ill. Really cheered me up. I love the colours and the guilding is stunning.

Thank you so much,
Michelle xxx

01 09 10