Thursday 14 June 2012

Flaked Ferns & Flutterby - Birthday Card For Jan No. 2

This is the birthday card I made for Jan's hubby Alan to give to her.  I've used two different gilding flakes and methods for this card.  The card measures 5 3/4" square.  I inked the fern stamp with FlitterGlu, stamped onto black CS and applied Morris Dance flakes.  For the butterfly, I cut a piece of double sided adhesive sheet, peeled off one backing and applied it to a piece of CS, die cut the butterfly, peeled off the other backing and applied Brighton Pier flakes.  There are so many colours in the gilding flakes so it was hard to choose a colour combo - in the end I plumped for Taken with Teal and Rose Red to go with the black.  After adhering the layers, I added a flower brad with a gem centre to the butterfly and popped  this up on the sentiment banner.  I added two gems to the sentiment and gold nailheads to the black corners.


A close up  of the gilding.



Here's the inside and the envelope.  I made an envelope using Taken with Teal patterned paper and I carried that through onto the inside of the card.  Making envelopes with the SU! Simply Scored Diagonal Plate is so quick and easy - fabulous!  I also punched Rose Red borders for the envelope and inside.  Lastly, I added a frame to the front of the envelope and used markers and a blender pen to colour in the roses.  I am pleased to say both Alan and Jan loved the card!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Three Ferns, SU! Happiest Birthday Wishes & Four Frames sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Taken with Teal, Rose Red & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea DSP
Ink: SU! Taken with Teal & Rose Red, blender pen
Tools: SU Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die, SU! Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border & Decorative Label punches, MFT Fishtail Flag Stax die, Perfect Layers, scoochy for burnishing flakes, SU! Simply Scored Diagonal Plate
Embellishments & accessories: IndigoBlu Morris Dance & Brighton Pier gilding flakes, FlitterGlu, Crafty Notions double sided adhesive sheet, SU! flower brad, rhinestone jewels, gold nailheads, Dimensionals



Photobucket

2 comments:

Margaret said...

This is truly amazing! The leaves are gorgeous!!

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely amazing, Ruth!!! LOVE the way you used the gilding flakes--I've never tried them! Are they hard to work with? LOVE this!!!

01 09 10