Monday 18 June 2012

Flaked Background Thank You Card For Debbie & Mike

Another card I've made using gilding flakes - this time I've used them to make a background panel.  I adhered double sided adhesive sheet to a piece of CS, peeled off the other backing sheet, applied the gilding flakes, trimmed the panel to the size I wanted it and layered it onto a black CS mat.  For the image panel, I sponged Scattered Straw, Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks onto white CS, stamped the flowers and sentiment using black ink and edged the panel with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  Again I layered onto a black mat and I popped the mat up.  To finish off the front I applied three black gems.


Some more stamping finished off the inside of the card and the envelope.


 This card went to our fab friends Debbie and Mike to thank them for letting us accompany them to the New Forest recently.  Whether they will ever let us go with them again remains to be seen!  Owen and I have been looking for a piece of furniture for our living room for some time.  On the last day of our New Forest trip we went to Salisbury for the day and while there we found the ideal cabinet, it was the perfect size and just what we needed.  Debbie and Mike, with oodles of patience and good humour, went back to the park and ride car park to fetch the car, drove back to the town centre and collected the cabinet.  Later on they completely unpacked the car, put our cabinet in and repacked the car so we could bring our perfect piece of furniture home - bless their hearts!  I reckoned a thank you card was definitely in order! 
 
Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Thank You Kindly set, Hobby Art Just for You clear set, Hero Arts Sending You Love clear set
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Basic Black CS
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade & Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks
Tools:
Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' Frame Cuts die,  Perfect Layers, sponge applicator tool, scoochy (sponge for burnishing the flakes)
Embellishments & accessories: IndigoBlu Brighton Pier gilding flakes, Crafty Notions double sided adhesive sheet, black gems, brads, 3d foam tape



Photobucket

8 comments:

kelly said...

What a gorgeous background for you card Ruth, I want some gliding flakes for my christmas cards this year!! Where did you get them?
Kelly xx

kelly said...

right it's all your fault, I've just been on the glitter pots website and ordered flakes, fitter glu, scoochy sponges (whatever they are!)and double sided adhesive, you should be on commission!
Kelly xx

Mynn xx said...

More gorgeous gilding flakes...this is amazing! LOVE the black silhouette on your fabulous created background! Just a friendly reminder that you were Showcased over at Technique Tuesday and that you won a time sensitive prize! :) Talk to you soon!!!

Margaret said...

Another beautiful card using the gilding flakes!! Sounds like you have pretty good friends and definitely deserving of such a wonderful thank you card!

Kim x said...

Beautiful card using one of my favourite Hobby Art stamps, I love it.
Thanks for stopping by.
hugs Kimx

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW stunning card! LOVE all the Guild n Glitz! and gorgeous distressing too! hugs Samantha :0)

Anonymous said...

Wow Ruth! This card is amazing. I just love the look of that background... hmmmm now I just need to work out how I can I recreate it with SU! products! Deb x

Becky said...

Hi Ruth, hope you are well? Love this card! Becky x

01 09 10