Monday 28 May 2012

Two Fanciful Flourish Cards

I saw this beautiful CAS card made with the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die and I just had to get the die.  As soon as I got the die I CASEd the card but I used some red along with the black and white.  The large solid flower is from a retired SU! set called Fabulous Flowers.  I inked the stamp in Riding Hood Red, stamped off and then added some Cherry Cobbler ink with a sponge dauber.


Stamped flowers and a sentiment finished off the inside of the card and the envelope.


When I die cut the flourish it came out of the die so easily,  it left a perfect negative shape stencil behind.  I decided to make another card by spritzing a coloured mist through the stencil.  I taped the stencil lightly to a piece of Whisper White CS and spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer 'Patina' mist.  Baja Breeze was a great match to the mist colour so I used that together with Rich Razzleberry and Island Indigo as my colour combo.  I've added a sentiment, a stamped butterfly and some punched flowers with jewel centres.  I've glued the butterfly just at the body and I've popped the wings up.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I die cut a Baja Breeze large flourish and glued part of it to a white panel inside the card.  On a recent trip to the Glitter Pot I came across a smaller version of the die - a Mini Fanciful Flourish - so of course that had to join my die collection!  The mini flourish was perfect to pop on the envelope flap.


Supplies for it's your day! card:
Stamps: SU! Fabulous Flowers & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets, Woodware Double Birthdays clear set
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Basic Black
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red & Cherry Cobbler, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die, Perfect Layers, sponge dauber
 

Supplies for warm wishes card:
Stamps: SU! Strength & Hope & Cheer & Wishes sets
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Island Indigo & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry & Island Indigo
Tools: Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish & Mini Fanciful Flourish dies, Woodware flower punch, Perfect Layers, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: Cosmic Shimmer 'Patina' mist, SU! jewel rhinestones, 3d foam pads, low tack tape



Photobucket

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

2 AMAZING and gorgeous cards--I am IN LOVE with the first one! Absolutely stunning!!! :) So happy you're joining us at 52CCT--I squealed with delight when Jacqueline told me you said yes! :) :) :)

Louise van Vuren said...

These are both beautiful and yet so different. I LOVE that flourish!
Louise x

Migdalia said...

Both cards are wonderful!The 1st cards is Absolutely Gorgeous!!TFS

kelly said...

wow, that black white and red is card fab although I might be biased because I LOVE that colour combo, always looks so classy and elegant!

Clever you using your diecut negative as a stencil, works perfectly and gives a really soft look!
Kelly xx

01 09 10