Monday 21 May 2012

Golf Birthday Card For Brett

This is the birthday card I made for our golf loving friend Brett.  I've CASED this card made by Sandy J.  I thought it was such a novel way to use the Pennant Parade set!  The card base was made with Marina Mist CS and I cut a panel of Bashful Blue CS for the front of the card.  I sponged blue inks at the top and I've added die cut clouds.  For the bottom part of the card I've used a grassy patterned paper and torn Pear Pizzazz CS.    I used a pennant stamp for the trees and cut pieces of Early Espresso CS for trunks - the front tree is popped up.  I punched the oval in the grassy paper and placed Early Espresso CS behind.  I used Creamy Caramel CS for the flag post and I attached it behind the punched oval before gluing the patterned paper to the card.  I embossed some Whisper White CS with a dotty embossing folder, punched out a circle, sponged the edges with ink and popped the circle up with the debossed side uppermost to make the golf ball. For the flag I used Real Red CS for a pop of colour.  The Happy Birthday sentiment from the Vintage Frames set JUST fitted inside the flag - I popped the flag up.  



Here's the inside and the envelope.  I don't enjoy making masculine cards as much as I like making cards with flowers and butterflies - but I have to say this card was a lot of fun to put together!  One of the best things about making cards is being able to make something meaningful for someone, I loved being able to make a card that reflected Brett's hobby!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Pennant Parade, Vintage Frames & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Bashful Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Real Red & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Doodlebug Back Yard
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Lucky Limeade & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Petite Pennants Builder, Large Oval, 1" circle & Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punches, Memory Box Puffy Clouds dies, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket

2 comments:

Margaret said...

This is fantastic! Love the scene you made and I'm sure your friend appreciated such a personalized card!

kelly said...

*smiles* what a fun card, I made a golfing card as a commission using this set but the greeting they wanted on it was so horrible I couldn't post it on my blog. I also embossing the golf ball with the square lattice embossing folder to try and get the right texture, kinda worked.
Love the little trees you added, gives great perspective!
Kelly xx

01 09 10