Sunday 1 April 2012

Two Easter Easel Cards

I do love easel cards and here are two more I've made for Easter.  First up was made with the cute chickie stamp again.  I used Crumb Cake CS for the base cut at 24 x 12 cms and scored at 6 and 12 cms.  I stamped a background using the Forever Flowers wheel inked with Soft Suede ink.  I chose some patterned papers from the luscious Spice Cake pack, paper pieced the eggshell and put a patterned panel on the bottom.  I coloured the chick with markers and a wet paintbrush and tore Pear Pizzazz CS as grass for him to stand on.  I've added some Pool Party itty bitty flowers with jewel centres.  I popped up the sentiment oval after tying some ribbon around the card.  To finish off the front I punched Pool Party photo corners and added metal nailheads to them.


Here's the bottom of the easel card and the envelope. 


I bought the A Good Egg set a few months ago thinking I wouldn't buy any more Easter stamps this year - but then I fell in love with the Easter Blossoms set in the mini catalogue and just had to buy that set too!  I got to combine the two sets for this card.  I used Pink Pirouette CS for the base, again cut to 24 x 12 cms and scored at 6 and 12 cms.  I first stamped the egg outline onto Pink Pirouette CS, then stamped the cherry blossoms and cut the egg out.  I coloured the blossoms with markers and sponged the edges of the egg.  I went in with a white gel pen to colour the centres of the blossoms.  I've used Nestie Labels Four dies for matting and layering and the egg is popped up.  The sentiment is popped up to act as the easel stop.  More photo corners and metal nailheads on the bottom piece.  I then punched some Pool Party cherry blossom shapes, sponged the edges with Pool Party ink, shaped them a wee bit and added jewel centres.


Here's the bottom of the card and the envelope.  I debated masking but then stamped the eggs on a separate piece of CS, cut them out and glued them to the card.  To finish off I coloured the blossoms on the envelope with markers.


Supplies for chickie card:
Stamps: SU! A Good Egg & Easter Blossoms sets, SU! Forever Flowers wheel

CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, Pool Party & Very Vanilla, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: SU! Spice Cake DSP
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, More Mustard & Pumpkin Pie
Tools: Square & Petite Ovals Nestabilities dies, SU! Photo Corners & Eyelet Border punches, flower punch from Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon, metal nailheads, rhinestone jewels, SU! Dimensionals



Supplies for cherry blossom egg card:
Stamps: SU! A Good Egg & Easter Blossoms sets
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Early Espresso, Pool Party & Whisper White
Patterned paper: Pool Party dotty paper from SU! In Color DSP pack
Ink: SU! Early Espresso, Pool Party, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose & Rose Red, Signo white gel pen
Tools: Labels Four Nestabilities dies, Woodware Cherry flower punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, metal nailheads, rhinestone jewels, SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Two fantastic easel cards! I love the sweet little chick in the paper pieced shell and those itty bitty flowers are so cute!
The second card is so elegant and decorating the egg with the blossoms was such a beautiful idea!

01 09 10