Wednesday 4 April 2012

Tree Kickstand Card - 52 CCT Anything Goes Challenge

This week at the 52 CCT challenge blog it's Anything Goes.  I decided to make a kickstand Christmas card.  I first made this one back in September 2011 and I loved it and said I would make more of them.  I can't believe I made it over 6 months ago - I have no idea why I've left it so long to have another go.  I'll have to make up for it and make a few while I'm in the mood!

I cut Pool Party CS measuring 5 3/4" square and added a Riding Hood Red mat and a layer of patterned paper.  To make the kickstand I cut a strip of Riding Hood Red CS measuring 11 1/2" x 3" and scored it at 5 3/4".  I stamped a flourish background a couple of times with Riding Hood Red ink and then glued the back of the red strip to the back of the Pool Party square.  I stamped the tree from the Scandinavian Season set in Riding Hood Red on Whisper White CS and matted onto Riding Hood Red and Pool Party layers.  I then stamped the image again with Pool Party ink, cut out just the flower part, popped it up and added a gem.  To finish off the card front, I punched 3 snowflakes and added gems to the centres.


For inside the card I cut a 2 1/2" wide Whisper White panel, stamped a sentiment and some snowflakes and used my Riding Hood Red marker to colour the centre dots of the snowflakes.  I stamped and punched a snowflake circle element for the envelope flap.  Hmmm, my love affair with Pool Party is still going strong, I may have to challenge myself to make my next card without any Pool Party LOL!  I do love it with red for Christmas though so I won't rule out more seasonal cards with this combo!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Scandinavian Season set, Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish, sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Pool Party, Riding Hood Red & Whisper White
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye I Believe 'Trees' paper
Ink: SU! Pool Party & Riding Hood Red
Tools: Woodware small snowflake punch, 1 1/4", 1 1/2" & 1 3/4" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: Kaisercraft gems, SU! Dimensional



Photobucket

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Love your card. This is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I am doing a card workshop in a couple weeks and think I will borrow this idea for one of the cards we will be making.

Margaret said...

Beautiful card! I love this color combo!

Mynn xx said...

OH MY WORD. Ruth, this is STUNNING! LOVE your fold--must try this!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT again--LOVE all your creations! :)

Jacqueline said...

Hello Ruth - I remember your last Kick stand card and this one is just as stunning - fabulous colour combination - thanks for joining in again at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Clare Lloyd said...

stunning card. congrats on your honorable mention. x

01 09 10