Friday 13 April 2012

Sponging, Snowflakes & A Sketch - 52 CCT Sketch Challenge #4

This week at the 52 CCT challenge blog the ladies have this lovely sketch for us to work with. 



As soon as I saw that circle I knew which stamps I wanted to use - the retired SU! 'Snowflakes' set - which I have on loan from my dear friend Debbie.  I love snowflake stamps and the ones in this set are particularly gorgeous.  Now I've had a play with them and fallen in love with them I've just had to buy a set of my own!

As my circle element is quite big I made a larger size card, it's 5" x 7" and made with Island Indigo CS.  I've gone with a fave aqua, blue and purple colour combo, I love that for snowflake cards!  I stamped the snowflake in VersaMark on Whisper White CS, embossed it with clear embossing powder and cut it out with a circle Nestie die.  I then sponged Pool Party, Island Indigo and Elegant Eggplant inks onto the circle and edged the circle with Elegant Eggplant ink.  I used a Build a Brad with a punched 1/2" circle of Island Indigo dotty paper for the centre of my snowflake.  I embossed a piece of Pool Party CS with a snowflakes embossing folder, lightly brayered Pool Party ink over the top, edged the panel with Island Indigo ink and attached it to an Elegant Eggplant mat layer.  I've added some white and Eggplant grosgrain ribbons with a posh rhinestone ribbon slider I've had in my stash for ages.  I decided it's so much better for it to be on a card than languishing in a drawer!  I masked off half the sentiment stamp so I could use just the 'snowflakes are like friends' part for the front of the card.  I added punched snowflakes with gem centres and popped the sentiment up - the sponged snowflake circle is also popped up.


I added a white panel inside the card and stamped the rest of the sentiment 'each unique and each a gift to treasure' and the other snowflakes from the set.  I stamped more snowflakes on the front of the envelope to finish off.  Now I know this doesn't have a Christmas sentiment on it - but I will use it as a Christmas card - promise!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Snowflakes set, sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant, Pool Party & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Island Indigo dotty paper from In Color DSP stack
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Island Indigo & Elegant Eggplant, VersaMark
Tools: Circle Nestabilities dies, SU! 1/2" circle punch, Woodware small snowflake punch, snowflakes embossing folder from Cuttlebug Winter Wonderland set, brayer, sponges and sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: clear embossing powder, SU! Build a Brad kit, SU! Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, white grosgrain ribbon, rhinestone ribbon slider, rhinestone jewels, 3d foam tape



Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ruth .... lovely card,lovely colours. I may have to copy this one !
Love Debbie x

Mynn xx said...

You just blow me away each week! This is absolutely fabulous, Ruth! LOVE the purple and blue together--and that main image is stunning! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Jacqueline said...

Hi Ruth - love what you have done with my sketch - it's a gorgeous card. thanks for joining in at 52 CCT this week - Jacqueline xx

Margaret said...

This is stunning! Love the sponged colors around the white snowflake and the dry embossing goes so well with the beautiful image!

01 09 10