Sunday 22 April 2012

Kite & Clouds Thanks Card

I was such a spoiled birthday girl and so I have been making lots of thank you cards.  I've got a pile waiting for me to write and pop in the post, I really don't know why I am so bad about actually getting cards out of the door!  This card is for my hubby so it didn't need posting.  It uses a new stamp - yep another one - it's all Michelle's fault, she posted this Paper Smooches haul video!   I just loved this image as soon as I saw it and reckoned it would make very happy cards and be perfect for paper piecing.  Also, it's great for feminine or masculine cards.  Not only that, it's a good size (2 3/4" x 3 3/4") and at £3.50 it doesn't break the bank!

I stamped the clouds on Pool Party text paper and sponged the edges with Pool Party ink before piecing them.  I used two papers from the Everyday Enchantment pack to paper piece the kite.  I sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink and popped the kite up.  I took the opportunity of practising  with my Perfect Layers to cut the mats and I ended up with rather a large panel so I mounted it on a 5" x 7" white card base.  The 'thanks' is a die cut word from a Cuttlebug alphabet die.  I punched the heart from Ruby Red CS and added a layer of Crystal Effects to make it raised and shiny.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I used the SU! Full Heart punch, cut out two patterned paper hearts and sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink.  The 'thanks from the bottom of my heart' is from a Hero Arts set - I just have to use it with a heart!


Supplies:
Stamps: Paper Smooches 'Cut Loose' clear stamp, Hero Arts Hugs & Hearts clear set
CS: PaperMania 5" x 7" white card blank, SU! Pool Party, Ruby Red, Basic Black & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Pool Party text paper from In Color DSP stack, SU! Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Pool Party & Soft Suede
Tools: Cuttlebug 'Olivia' alphabet die set, SU! Full Heart punch,  X Cut heart punch, Perfect Layers, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crystal Effects & Dimensionals



Photobucket

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

You did an AMAZING job!!!TFS

kelly said...

wow, this is so pretty!!! I really love the clouds!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10