Saturday 21 April 2012

Greenhouse Garden Happy Birthday Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #56

Simply Stampin' have a fab colour combo challenge this week - it's yummy!


I gave my Stamp-a-ma-jig a bit of a workout with the 2 step Greenhouse Garden set.  I stamped the large solid flower in Marina Mist ink direct to the Very Vanilla panel and I stamped the smaller Pink Pirouette and Marina Mist flowers on a separate piece of card.  I stamped the detail stamps over the top of the solid flowers with Soft Suede ink, cut the smaller flowers out, added Dazzling Diamonds to the centres and I popped them up.  I stamped the sentiment and sponged the edges of the vanilla panel with Pink Pirouette ink.  I matted onto Marina Mist and Soft Suede panels and added a Marina Mist strip I punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch - I've attached it so only half the border shows.  Some Marina Mist ribbon finished off the front.


I stamped a border on a vanilla panel for inside the card with an outline stamp and Soft Suede ink, stamping twice before re-inking.  I edged the panel with Pink Pirouette ink and stamped the sentiment.  I used circle punches with the round sentiment from the Happiest Birthday Wishes set for an element for the envelope flap. 


I hope you'll join us this week at Simply Stampin' and make projects using this lovely colour combo.  Don't forget you can substitute similar colours if you don't have the exact ones given for the challenge. Go and get inky and upload your project to the blog, I'd love to come and see what you create!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Greenhouse Garden, Curly Cute & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist, Soft Suede & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, 1 1/4" & 1 3/8" plain circle punches, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds & Dimensionals



Photobucket

3 comments:

kelly said...

You have reminded me with this beautiful card that I have this set and haven't used it for ages!!! I'm really surprised how stunningly these colours go together! I never would have chosen them.
Kelly xx

Kirei said...

Loving this card Ruth and the pretty detail you have added! Kirei x

Amanda Burditt said...

Really pretty! You urged me to get out my Greenhouse Garden set again and play! Forgot how much I love this set! Thanks for the nudge! xx

01 09 10