Saturday 28 April 2012

Flower & Butterfly Duo Happy Birthday Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #57

My second post for today to show you the other card I made for the Simply Stampin' 'Perfect Pairs' challenge.  It was while making this card that I had the idea for the split negative cards and I immediately  stopped working on this one and made my split negative cards.  I've had a good tidy up in my craft room today and I finished off this card - I knew if I didn't finish it today it would sit on my shelf for weeks waiting for me to get back to it!

I started off with a Perfect Plum A6 card base.  I brayered the inside of the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder with Old Olive ink and embossed a panel of white CS.  I love how the embossed areas show so crisply against the inked CS!  I then stamped the sentiment and stamped and punched my two flowers - I used Marina Mist and Perfect Plum inks and stamped off once and applied ink around the edges with a sponge dauber.  I've put flower brads in the centres, added a rhinestone to each brad and popped the flowers up.  I punched two Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border strips and overlapped the Marina Mist one with the Perfect Plum strip.  Two butterflies with rhinestones finished off the card front.


Inside the card are two more flowers and a sentiment and the envelope flap has another flower.  Hope you'll get inky and join in with our Perfect Pairs challenge this week!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Posy Punch, Curly Cute & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets
CS: SU! Perfect Plum, Marina Mist & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Perfect Plum & Marina Mist
Tools: SU! Fancy Flower & 3/4" Circle punches, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die,  Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, brayer, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Subtles Flower Brads, Rhinestone Jewels & Dimensionals



Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great birthday flower card, love it! Jo xxx

Margaret said...

Another lovely pairs card! Love the emboss resist and the color combo is fantastic!

01 09 10