Monday 30 April 2012

Ferns & Flowers Thank You Card

My sweet friend Lesley gave me the beautiful Hero Arts 'Fern' stamp and Framelits dies combo set for my birthday.  I was chuffed to bits and, of course, I had to use it to make Lesley a thank you card.  I started off by making a Not Quite Navy A6 card base.  I stamped some ferns and a sentiment on a Very Vanilla panel and matted onto Pear Pizzazz and Marina Mist layers.  I inked the flowers with Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy and Old Olive markers, die cut them and adhered them to the card front - I popped 3 of the flowers up.  I added the Marina Mist ribbon and glued the panel to the card front.  I stamped 2 dragonflies, one in Marina Mist and one in Not Quite Navy, die cut them and glued them to the card making sure to pop the wings up.  Oh my word, how adorable are those little dragonflies?!  I then placed the card in my 'colour catcher' shoe box and liberally spritzed with Perfect Pearl mist.  Hmmm, it was at night so I was doing it under artificial lighting and I may have been a tad too liberal - this card has some serious shimmer! 


 I then stamped the envelope flap and a panel for the inside of the card.  What a gorgeous set to work with!  I'm pleased to say Lesley was very happy with the card!




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Fern' stamp & die combo set, SU! Sweet Little Sentiments set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist & Very Vanilla

Ink: SU! Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive
Tools: dies from Hero Arts 'Fern' stamp & die combo set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Marina Mist grosgrain ribbon, Perfect Pearls 'Perfect Pearl' Mist, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful Thank You card and envelope set Ruth, hugs Jo xxxx

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is FABULOUSLY GORGEOUS. I cannot say how much I LOVE it!!! The little dragonflies really make the card! :)

Margaret said...

I'm catching glimpses of the shimmer in your pic and can only imagine how beautiful this is in person! The fussy cutting on the dragonflies and flowers add such gorgeous dimension to this lovely card!

01 09 10