Monday 16 April 2012

Cherry Blossoms Birthday Wishes Card

I fancied trying something a little different so on a trip to the Glitter Pot a while ago I picked up a couple of masks and some Cosmic Shimmer Mist sprays.  I also bought the Memory Box Cherry Blossom die - I'd seen it used on a card online and was intrigued by the dimension of it.  The die cut shape has a tab that you glue onto a petal so it makes a really dimensional flower.

I got out my non stick craft mat to work on as I could rinse off any excess spray mist from the mat.  I positioned my leafy mask and kept it attached to my CS with some pieces of low tack masking tape.  Then I spritzed with Blue Lime Cosmic Shimmer Mist - oh my word, what a lovely colour and a really gorgeous effect! You see different colours depending on the angle you tilt the card at. After trimming the panel to size and matting onto a Chocolate Chip layer I added some lush Choc Chip satin ribbon.  I die cut the Cherry Blossom flowers using Pink Pirouette CS, I sponged the edges with Rose Red ink and then spritzed the flowers with Raspberry Cosmic Shimmer Mist.  The centres were cut from Rose Red CS and the stamens from Chocolate Chip CS.  I used glue dots to attach the blossoms to the card - that seemed the best option as you don't have a flat piece at the back 'cos the flowers are dimensional.  I added the sentiment and mounted the panel to a 12 cms square Pear Pizzazz card base.


For the envelope and inside the card I've used a retired SU! 'Leaf Prints' wheel stamp.  I used Rose Red and Choc Chip markers to ink the sentiment stamp. I was pleased that the card fitted inside an envelope even with the dimensional flowers!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' clear set, SU! Leaf Prints wheel stamp, Hero Arts 'Fabulous Birthday'
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Rose Red, Chocolate Chip & Pear Pizzazz
Tools: Imagination Crafts 'Leaf Swirl' stencil template, Memory Box Cherry Blossom die, Hero Arts
'Small Tag Frame' Frame Cuts die, sponge dauber, non stick craft mat
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, 'Blue Lime' & 'Raspberry' Cosmic Shimmer Mist sprays, SU! Rose Red brads, glue dots



Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love your cards. They are absolutely gorgeous.u

kelly said...

Hi Ruth, I would like to nominate you for the Liebster award! Your blog is always my first port of call when I need inspiration. Check out my blog to find out more about it, Kelly xx

Margaret said...

Gorgeous card! Love how the shimmery leaves change color and those flowers are amazing!

01 09 10