Monday 9 April 2012

Butterflies Circle Happy Birthday Card

A little while ago I went through my SU! catalogue and flagged some cards I wanted to CASE - it made a change from flagging things I want to buy LOL!  One of my favourites was the bright butterflies card on page 53.  I've changed only a few things in my CASEd version - I've used some rhinestone brads, I left the antennae on when I cut out the butterflies, I used different colours, a different sentiment and there's no stitching on my card.

I started off with a side opening A6 landscape Melon Mambo card base.  For my side strip, I punched Pink Pirouette CS with the Scallop Edge punch and added a scrunched Lucky Limeade CS strip - I ran the strip of CS through my crimper a few times before scrunching it up.  I stamped the sentiment in Lucky Limeade ink, stamped and cut out the butterflies and attached them to the white circle with tiny rhinestone brads.  Instead of a stamped heart, I put a large rhinestone brad at the top of the circle.  I stamped the outline flower on Pink Pirouette CS with Melon Mambo ink, cut it out, added a medium rhinestone brad to the centre and popped the flower up.


I stamped a white panel for inside the card and added a flower to the envelope flap.  A very bright and happy birthday card!  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Cottage Garden & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets, Hero Arts Everything Wonderful
CS: SU! Melon Mambo, Lucky Limeade, Pink Pirouette & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Perfect Plum, Lucky Limeade, Marina Mist, Melon Mambo & Calypso Coral, Memento Dandelion
Tools: Circle Nestabilities die, SU! Scallop Edge Border punch, crimper, paper piercing tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Clear Rhinestone Brads, Dimensional



Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

All of those bright butterflies just make me wish for summer! Love the texture of the scrunched strip!

01 09 10