Wednesday 18 April 2012

Blossom Thanks So Much Card

One of my fave birthday gifts was the SU! Blossom Party die - I love it!  I've used it here to make a friend a thank you card.  I stamped a background and the sentiment and then got to work on my blossom.  I stamped onto the large flower with VersaMark ink, embossed the design with clear embossing powder, added some shaping and attached my stacked flower layers together with an Everyday Enchantment brad.

I tried out a new tool on this card - the Perfect Layers tool.  I've been aware of this tool for ages, Stampin' Up! used to sell it in the U.S.A. years ago.  I've always been intrigued by it and wondered how it worked.  Recently the Perfect Layers tool was the subject of a product focus review on Splitcoast Stampers and I checked it out and watched the videos on the Perfect Paper Crafting web site.  One of the things that frustrates me the most in my card making is when I don't get straight and even layers - and it happens all too often when it's not possible for me to use Nesties on a card - so this tool seemed a great idea to me!  At first I did think it was pricey for a few bits of plastic but I went ahead and ordered it anyway - and I am so glad I did!  After an initial trial on some CS scraps I was ready to try it out on a real project and away I went and made this 4 layer card.  I firmly believe a good tool can make a huge difference - the right tool used correctly can get you off to a great start towards a successful project.  Over the years I've made a few tool purchases that I've regretted but I think the Perfect Layers was a fab investment for me personally.  I seem to be getting along just fine with it and I am loving the results!

I usually start with my card base and work inwards but this time I started with my image panel and worked outwards.  I made a Lucky Limeade card base measuring 12 cm square but my panel didn't look right on a perfectly square card so I trimmed .5 cm off  the side so I could get a symmetrical border. 


Some stamping inside and on the envelope flap finished it all off.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Fresh Vintage & Sincere Salutations sets
CS: SU! Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede, Pool Party, Ruby Red & Very Vanilla
 Ink: SU! Pool Party & Ruby Red, VersaMark
Tools: Perfect Layers, paper piercer, DEET & moulding mat, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: clear embossing powder, SU! Everyday Enchantment brad, glue dots



Photobucket

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

What a Beautiful Card!Love the flower!TFS

Margaret said...

Such beautiful layers on this pretty flower!

01 09 10