Thursday 12 April 2012

April 2012 Card Group Projects

Today was our April card group meeting - a week later than we originally planned but that meant the ladies got to play with a couple of my new birthday goodies!  I've CASEd (Copied And Selectively Edited) the three card designs for this months meeting.  I've used 2 birthday gifts on this first card - the SU! Sweet Floral background stamp and the Everything Eleanor set.  I took advantage of the fact that Jan wasn't with us today and used a PaperMania kraft square card - Jan really dislikes these cards!  I've used a card on page 120 of the SU! catalogue for inspiration.  I stamped the background on the kraft card using Memento Rich Cocoa ink and tied So Saffron ribbon around the card in a knot.  I die cut my Woven Circle shape as the circle element and I added a circle of First Edition paper.  I stamped and punched the Decorative Label  for the sentiment.  The flowers were stamped on So Saffron CS with Currant ink, cut out and then popped up.

Believe it or not, the Saffron/Currant combo came about after I washed up after having a poached egg!  When I was in Wilko a month or so ago I was chuffed to find Rich Razzleberry coloured kitchen accessories and I bought a few.  Well, I say they're Razzleberry, Wilko label them as Plum!  Anyway, I used a yellow poach pod for my breakfast egg one morning and when I washed it up, the yellow against the Razzleberry looked fab!  Just goes to show, even mundane tasks can provide crafting inspiration!


I cut a panel of Confetti White CS for inside the card and stamped part of the Sweet Floral image in the bottom corner.


For the second card I've used another birthday gift, the My Friend set and I've CASEd this card made by Debra, I really liked the layout and thought it was a great way to use patterned papers.  I used Ruby Red CS for the mat layers and punched 1 3/8" squares of the fab Everyday Enchantment papers for the background.  I stamped the 'hello' in Soft Suede ink and the foliage silhouette in Calypso Coral ink after stamping off once first and I popped the panel up.  Some rhinestones added to the 'hello' finished off the card.



On Saturday I saw this fabulous slider card made by Vicky and I thought it would make a great project for card group.  I reckoned the bird builder punch would be a good option for the sliding element.  I think the Sail Away stamp would be good too so I'll have to try that another time.   I made a Crumb Cake side opening landscape A6 size card but then cut a bit off the right hand side so there was room for the pull element in the envelope.  I cut a Bashful Blue panel, used the Word Window punch to cut the slot and sponged the panel with Bashful Blue ink.  I then cut 2 strips of Bashful Blue CS and sponged those also - one strip was for the slider pull and I glued the second strip to the card front so that the Crumb Cake card didn't show through when the birdie was slid along.

I stamped a stamp from the Pocket Silhouettes set repeatedly along the bottom of the blue panel - I used Old Olive ink and stamped 3 impressions before re-inking.  I then tore a strip of Old Olive CS and sponged the edges with Old Olive ink.  I stamped the sentiment and sponged the edges of the blue panel with Soft Suede ink.  I punched the bird from Crumb Cake CS, stamped the flourish from the Vintage Vogue set a couple of times in Soft Suede ink and punched a Soft Suede wing.  I sponged the edges of the bird and wing with Soft Suede ink and added a blue gem for the eye.  I rounded the ends of the slider strip, positioned it behind the slot and attached the bird to the strip with a 3d foam pad.  I then glued the blue panel to the card front making sure I didn't apply adhesive so it would interfere with the slider pull.  I then decided to add some die cut puffy clouds which I sponged with Bashful Blue ink after they were cut out.  So here's the card before the slider is pulled.


This photo shows the slider pulled to the right.  You could add a sentiment inside the slot for a hidden message - that would be fun!


I sponged the edges of a white panel for inside the card and stamped a sentiment to finish off the card. 




Supplies for kraft square just because card:
Stamps: SU! Sweet Floral bg stamp, SU! Everything Eleanor, Four Frames & it's Your Day sets
CS: PaperMania kraft square card blank, SU! So Saffron & Confetti White
Patterned paper: SU! First Edition Specialty DSP
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Adirondack Currant
Tools: Memory Box Woven Circle die, SU! Decorative Label punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads


Supplies for cream A6 hello card:
Stamps: SU! My Friend set
CS: PaperMania cream A6 card blank, SU! Ruby Red & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: SU! Soft Suede, Calypso Coral
Tools: 1 3/8" square punch
Embellishments & accessories: clear rhinestone jewels, 3d foam tape

 Supplies for Happy Birthday bird slider card:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue, Pocket Silhouettes & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Old Olive,  Soft Suede & Whisper White
 Ink: SU! Soft Suede, Bashful Blue & Old Olive
Tools: SU! Word Window & Bird Builder punches, Memory Box Puffy Clouds die, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: blue rhinestone jewel, 3d foam pad



Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Beautiful cards! Sounds like you had a wonderful time sharing your birthday gifts!

01 09 10