Friday 27 April 2012

Another Roy G. Biv Rainbow Card - Butterflies Thank You

This is another card to say thank you for more fabulous birthday goodies.  This card went to the lovely Kelly who sent me some gorgeous embossing folders.  Naturally, I've had to use one of the new folders Kelly sent me on this card!  I decided on another Roy G. Biv rainbow card but instead of flowers this time I opted for blinged butterflies.  Butterflies and bling - a perfect partnership LOL!

The card measures approx. 5 3/4" square and was made with Basic Black CS.  I embossed Whisper White CS with the luscious Craft Concept 'Cottage Floral' embossing folder and cut out 3 panels.  I then got busy die cutting butterflies with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die.  The butterfly colours are Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Elegant Eggplant & Wisteria Wonder.  I've popped small 3d foam pads under some of the wings to keep them popped up.  The sentiment circle is also popped up.


Inside the card I added a rainbow of teeny tiny butterflies under the sentiment and added bling to them of course!


For the envelope, in a moment of madness, I decided I'd have a rainbow of butterfly strips on the front!  I die cut the strips using the Memory Box Butterfly Chain die - my 'Easter Egg' gift I received from my sweet friend Jan.  So this turned into an over the top butterfly extravaganza LOL!  All I can say is this was a complete and utter joy to make and I just hope Kelly enjoyed getting this happy mail as much as I enjoyed making it for her!  


Supplies:
Stamps: 'Thank You' from SU! 'Wow Flowers' set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' clear set, SU! Four Frames set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Marina Mist, Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, Craft Concept 'Cottage Floral' embossing folder, 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" circle punches, Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' Frame Cuts die, Martha Stewart 3 in 1 Classic Butterfly punch, SU! Decorative Label punch, Memory Box 'Butterfly Chain' die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rhinestone Jewels, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

3 comments:

Michelle Short said...

Gorgeous card Ruth, I love the rainbow of colours and those butterflies are so pretty, I really must order them! xx

Unknown said...

Hi Ruth, I am a fan of your blog. Your cards are just amazing. I have a question. Which die cutting machine do you use to cut all those shapes? I am 2 months in card making and will soon be getting a Cuttlebug V2 which is just a cutter-embosser.

Thanks.

Caroline

kelly said...

I LOVED IT, the butterflies and the bling were the perfect combo, and I've already got plans to recycle the envelope!
Kelly xx

01 09 10