Thursday 1 March 2012

March 2012 Card Group Projects

Today was our March card group get together and these are the cards we made. I really thought I'd amass quite a few brownie points last month - I mean, come on, 3 masculine cards?!  But no, I was told last month that the majority of my masculine cards featured leaves or trees and that I needed to do something different.  That was absolutely right of course - and hey, who am I to argue against getting new supplies?  So I've used my new 'Lighthouse' set of stamps from Kanban for this first card - and look, there's that window die again!

I stamped the scene onto white CS, coloured with inks and a water brush and trimmed it to fit behind the window.  After I'd done it I wished I hadn't used plain white CS so I took watercolour paper to card group for the ladies to use.  Watercolour paper is so much nicer to colour onto as it doesn't pill, much more forgiving!  The window frame is cut from Crumb Cake CS and was stamped with the woodgrain using Soft Suede ink.  I glued the scene panel flat to the card and popped the window up.  The sentiment finished off the card front.

The Kanban set has a lovely compass image in - but it's only a quarter of the whole circle and I really wanted a full compass image.  I found one in a Tim Holtz cling set which I managed to snap up from eBay at a great price  So I've stamped the compass inside a few times and added a sentiment.


Here's the front of the second card.


Ta-da - inside is a pop up cupcake!


The cupcake was made with a set of Sizzix medium Sizzlits dies.  It gives a good size cupcake for a surprise pop up card.  The cupcake liners were cut from a sheet of SU! Springtime Vintage patterned paper - I thought it was the perfect choice!  I embossed the icing with a dotty embossing folder and added a cherry on top.  I stamped a lace doily for the sentiment circle to sit on.

A nice simple card to finish off as we needed to make one that wasn't too time consuming.  This card features a flower made with punched out hearts.  I saw this idea used on a card at the Glitter Pot - on their card they'd used a small heart punch for several flowers on a card.  I wanted to use my large SU! Full Heart punch to make a bigger flower.  The hearts were punched from some gorgeous My Mind's Eye double sided paper and each shape was edged with Broken China Distress Ink.  To assemble the flower I  punched a 2" CS circle and glued the hearts onto that.  I placed a small pop up foam dot at the top of one side of each heart to give a bit of dimension.  Whilst looking in my stash for a suitable centre for my flower I found a few of these gorgeous blue flower buttons but I didn't have enough for card group.  I had to get a few more from the shop - luckily I got the last few they had left, phew!  The bottom of the card was stamped with an elegant Penny Black background stamp.  A Regal Rose strip and a sentiment finished off the card.


Supplies for seascape window card:
Stamps: Kanban Lighthouse clear set, Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain bg stamp, SU! Cheer & Wishes set, compass from Tim Holtz 'The Journey' cling set, inside sentiment from Stampendous
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Crumb Cake, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Soft Suede, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, So Saffron, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake & Early Espresso
Tools: Poppystamps Grand Madison Window die
Embellishments & accessories: water brush, 3d foam pads


Supplies for pop up cupcake card:
Stamps:
Hero Arts Birthday Messages & Yummy Treats clear sets, Hero Arts Rectangle Doily
CS: PaperMania cream A6 card blank, SU! Rose Red, Pear Pizzazz, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Springtime Vintage DSP
Ink: SU! Rose Red
Tools: Sizzix Pop Ups Bigz die, Sizzix medium Sizzlits 'Cupcake' die set, Memory Box Woven Circle die,
MFT Die-namics Dainty Lace Border die, circle punches, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: 3d foam pads


Supplies for heart flower hello card:
Stamps:  Hero Arts Luscious Frames set,  Penny Black Majestic Composition cling bg stamp

CS:  PaperMania cream A6 card blank, SU! Regal Rose
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye Tickled Pink 'Delicate' paper
Ink: Broken China Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Tools: SU! Full Heart punch
Embellishments & accessories: blue flower button, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Three wonderful cards! Love the flower made from the hearts and the window scene is beautiful!

01 09 10