Friday 16 March 2012

Baubles Merry And Bright Christmas Card - 52 CCT Colour Challenge #3

This week we were set a colour challenge at the 52 CCT challenge blog.


I've taken a non traditional approach and chosen Island Indigo, Rose Red and Lucky Limeade as my colours which I think gives a contemporary feel.  I made a couple of Christmas cards similar to this one last year, in blues and greens and I wanted to try it again with different colours.  I've added glitter glue to the baubles and popped them up.  The Merry and Bright sentiment has stars around it and I chose to cover those with jewels as that was a perfect opportunity to use some of my larger jewels. I always use the smaller size jewels in a pack first and get left with the larger ones so I was happy to use up a few on this card!


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I've used the SU! 'Something for Christmas' à la carte stamp for my sentiment inside - I've committed surgery on the stamp and cut it apart so I have 3 separate sentiments.  I knew I would use it more that way rather than having the 3 sentiments all together.  I've got more comfortable with cutting stamps these days, I'm definitely willing to do it if I know I'll use the stamp more if it's modified!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Baroque Motifs & Contempo Christmas sets, SU! Something for Christmas à la carte stamp
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Rose Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade & Rose Red
Tools: SU! Ornament & Photo Corners punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Details glitter glue, SU! rhinestone jewels, SU! Dimensionals



Photobucket

2 comments:

kelly said...

Very pretty Ruth, I love the random placing of gems around your sentiment, looks really festive and glitzy!
Kelly xx

Jacqueline said...

I LOVE this colour combo you has used - so fresh but still lovely and Christmassy. Ruth you never cease to amaze me with your creations and all the time you take to take care of the details like the insides and envelopes, hope you continue to take part in our challenges at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

01 09 10