Saturday 21 January 2012

Very Vintage Friends Grid Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #43

This week's Simply Stampin' challenge is a sketch - and it's a good one, so versatile!  You could use stamps, patterned papers, die cuts or punches and this layout would suit many different card styles.  I really hope you'll play along - please just remember to use one SU! image or sentiment in your creation, thank you!

I decided to challenge myself a bit further and use three colours I don't use a lot - More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede.  Teamed up with Crumb Cake and with a hint of Old Olive it turned out quite well I think!  I used the Vintage Vogue set and the matching Very Vintage wheel.  I stamped the wheel on Very Vanilla CS 3 times using More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Soft Suede inks and I cut tiles measuring 1 3/4" square.  I stamped the friends stamp in Cajun Craze ink, cut out the tile, stamped the Texture wheel over the top in Crumb Cake ink, stamped the friends stamp again in More Mustard ink and cut out the F.

Using markers and a blender pen I added some colour to the images here and there.   I stamped the flowers in More Mustard and Cajun Craze inks - stamping off once first and then rock and rolling - and I cut them out.  I edged each tile with Soft Suede ink using a sponge dauber.  I then placed the tiles, flowers and F in a shoe box and gave everything a very liberal spritzing with Champagne Shimmer Mist alcohol spray.  I cannot capture that in the photo - you'll have to take my word for it that this card is a very sparkly little number in real life! I added brads to the flower centres and popped them, and the F, up with Dimensionals.


I stamped a Very Vanilla panel and sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink for inside the card.  I added a bit of colour again to the image and a More Mustard CS strip.  I stamped the envelope with the wheel in Cajun Craze ink and added another Mustard strip to finish off.  Please do join in with us at Simply Stampin' this week and make a card with this fab sketch, I'd love to come and see what you make!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Vintage Vogue set, SU! Very Vintage & Texture wheel stamps
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, More Mustard & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, More Mustard, Old Olive & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! Blender Pen, SU! sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint in an alcohol spritz, SU! brads, SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

3 comments:

kelly said...

Loving your card Ruth, it's my favourite. I always forget I have this stamp set, which is criminal because it's gorgeous!
Kelly xx

Margaret said...

Gorgeous! Love the vintage stamping and the sponging! You did a fabulous job using these colors and the sketch!

Aileen said...

This is beautiful Ruth. I love your vintage look and the colours have worked fab together. Super inside and envelope too. x

01 09 10