Friday 20 January 2012

Button Buddies Flowers Thank You Card

This is the card I made to give Jan and Alan to thank them for our Christmas gifts.  I forgot to take a photo before giving them the card so I had to get it back from Jan to snap a pic!  Jan gave me the Button Buddies set - and some buttons - for Christmas so I had to use those on the thank you card!

I stamped the flower in Pretty in Pink ink several times to make a background and I then stamped the flower 3 times in Rose Red ink, punched them out and popped them up.  I threaded thin Rose Red CS strips through the buttonholes and attached the buttons to the flowers with glue dots.   The sentiment labels are made with Memory Box die cuts and I added Certainly Celery brads to match the buttons.


Here's the front of the envelope.  The leafy stamp from my In Stitches wheel made great stems for my flowers!   I stamped one flower in Pretty in Pink, one in Rose Red and the third one again in Rose Red without re-inking.  I stamped Celery dotty centres, punched them out and popped the flowers up.  I love using that gorgeous shaped frame on envelope fronts!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Button Buddies, Thank You Kindly & Frames with a Flourish sets, SU! In Stitches wheel stamp
CS: SU! Pretty in Pink, Whisper White & Rose Red
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Rose Red & Certainly Celery
Tools:  SU! 1 3/4" Scalloped Circle punch, SU! 1/2" circle punch, Memory Box  Chadwick Label & Bistro Label dies

Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Subtles Designer Buttons, SU! Subtles brads, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

kelly said...

What a fab friend! I wasn't to keen on this set but I keep seeing great cards with it and now surprise surprise, I want it!!
Kelly xx

Margaret said...

This is beautiful and I love the envelope! I can't think of a better way to show your appreciation for a stamp set gift!

01 09 10