Monday 23 January 2012

Black & White Just A Note Card - CAS-ual Fridays CFC #36 Challenge

I came across the CAS-ual Fridays Penguin Suit challenge this weekend.



You have to make a black and white card - no other colour allowed, not even a smidgen.  I love black and white cards and I had the perfect stamp in mind - on loan from my crafty friend Lesley - so I had to join in.  I started off by stamping the image, trimming it and mounting to a black layer.  I then stamped the sentiment in the bottom corner of my 5 1/4" square card blank, added the image panel, added black grosgrain ribbon tied in a knot and rounded the right hand corners.


 Inside I stamped just a part of the stamp in the bottom corner.  Lastly I added a circle element to the envelope flap.


I really don't think you can go wrong with a black and white card, they seem to come together quickly, especially if you keep to a CAS design.  I found after making this card I was really keen to make another one so stay tuned for another post today with another card for the CFC #36 challenge!

Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Berry Red, Snow White', sentiment from Waltzingmouse Stamps Say it with Style clear set
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, 1 1/2" & 1 3/4" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: black grosgrain ribbon



Photobucket

3 comments:

Ivanka said...

Just a lovely card, inside and out. Love the envelope too!

Margaret said...

So pretty and elegant!

Virginia L. said...

Hi Ruth! Love your stamping and ribbon treatment! The entire design is just delightful!! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

01 09 10